Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] All new Amazon Echo and Echo Show and stuff

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mine farts. It has me in tears of laughter (but then I am highly immature).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Really? Then I’m sold.

Ordering now for Prime delivery tomorrow.

You won't regret it.

Just a pity the speaker isn't a scratch n' sniff. Maybe on the 3rd gen model, when that eventually comes out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oooh - as an added bonus you can get a smart plug thing (so you can control a device either via Alexa or via an app on your phone) for £9.99 instead of £24.99 when you buy an Echo today..

This one >>> http://amzn.to/2hzKDRP

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Right then. I've indulged (using Bozzas link natch) Or rather I've bought one and told the Mrs to give me it for chrimbo. What's the deal with the plugs? Do we order Doris to switch them on and off?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I've had an Echo for a year or two, even though Amazon has been refusing to sell them here in Canada, which was a bit annoying as I had to lie to Alexa and tell her I lived in Ann Arbor, Michigan (she never rumbled I was lying). They have finally put them on sale here and in addition to the Dot and the Echo they are advertising the Echo Plus, which has a built in smart home hub. Seems like a good move as it means you can buy things like Philips Hue lightbulbs without needing a Philips hub. I see they are doing the same thing in the UK. Strangely, in both countries you can buy it with or without a Hue bulb - for the same price. Why would anyone NOT take the free bulb?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right then. I've indulged (using Bozzas link natch) Or rather I've bought one and told the Mrs to give me it for chrimbo. What's the deal with the plugs? Do we order Doris to switch them on and off?

I believe so, yes. And you can also use an app to control them remotely.

Juan Albion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've tooken the plunge, I am officially IN !

I did too. Seemed rude not to for £69.99.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the plug though. I can't think of one thing I'm likely to feel the need to tell Alexa to turn on and off, nor do the same when away from home with my phone.

Juan Albion

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the plug though. I can't think of one thing I'm likely to feel the need to tell Alexa to turn on and off, nor do the same when away from home with my phone.

Christmas tree lights

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I use one to turn the outside light on/off in the garden.

Friend of mine lives in a rural unlit place so turns a house light one when walking towards his house late at night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here