Who need ''Tap in Tammy'' when you have ''guide it in Glenn''

♪ ♫ He scores with his knee ♪ ♫
♪ ♫ He scores with his kneeeeee ♪ ♫
♪ ♫ Glenn Murray ♪ ♫
♪ ♫ He scores with his knee ♪ ♫

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Phil Neville,who talks in a strange accent but doesn't talk shite, said that he thought Brighton were the team of the season so far. We have a very effective way of playing. I noticed during the commentary how often the commentator and Birtles, the summariser, mentioned Duffy and Dunk and our defence in general. Only 11 goals conceded in 11 games. Muzza is doing well with what he has but a faster, more skillful striker in January would move us up a level.

Yeah Murray is doing great but we need get him some more back up. He cant do this on his own
And our centre backs well. Never seen any thing like it 9 times outta 10 you just know its going somewhere

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
But we've not played anyone good yet!

And every team has an 'off day' when they play us!

Great stuff. Did I really hear the commentator say that this was our first back-to-back win in the top flight in our history? Did he just mean Premier League? Surely we must have won two in a row sometime in our four previous years?
No I thought he said it was our first top flight back to back away wins since 1982/3 and we beat palace and someone else.

Edit. Just seen on the BBC it was 1981.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One thing taught me about the Prem today, there are sides (Swansea included) that are poorer than Championship sides. Preston could hold their own in this league. If this is the best in the world, I would hate to watch below Barca v Madrid in La Liga. I did go to Nice v Marseille in October and it was a poor showing. Enjoyed it though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have to take it 3 points against a lower half team away is fantastic, i just wished we had had even one shot on goal in the last 45mins! Especially as they hit the bar 2nd half!

It's always been like this under CH, our whole set up is about being disciplined. We sit tight and do not allow our opposition to get in behind our fullbacks or create opportunities where they have a striker in the box with time and space. When we win possession we try to pass it out and build an attack, often the ball ends up with a winger and if possible they drive towards the box to try and provide an opportunity for a striker or to shoot themselves. None of this is ever done in a hurry or at risk that we give away the ball in a dangerous situation.

All of this is set up and dependent upon the strong steady centre backs, diciplined fullbacks and central midfield cover. In the Championship this was enough with Stephens & Kayal they did a job and broke forward allowing us to play 2 strikers, in the Premier League we play against better opposition and have an additional player in Gross who drops and helps but we only have 1 up front.

I remember many situations last season thinking we should go for the kill but our whole game is built on exploiting the opposition and their mistakes rather than outplaying them. This means several 1 goal victories and soaking up pressure, a few draws when someone gets a lucky chance or a stalemate but never an embarrassing hiding. Survival will be about the mistakes that we make and how we are punished and we defend as a team. Over the next few seasons we will add pace, power and attacking ability but under CH we will always focus on being disciplined and hard to beat

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Great result. My only concern was the defend what we hold attitude in the 2nd half, which almost came unstuck with that shot that hit the bar.

Swansea were poor, and a 2nd goal would have made the last 20 mins more comfortable if we had gone for it a bit more.

If we push forward we run the risk of being exposed at the back. I'm happy for us to defend a lead but we need some pace so we can do it like Leicester and capitalise on sides who are pushing for an equaliser

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember many situations last season thinking we should go for the kill but our whole game is built on exploiting the opposition and their mistakes rather than outplaying them. This means several 1 goal victories and soaking up pressure, a few draws when someone gets a lucky chance or a stalemate but never an embarrassing hiding. Survival will be about the mistakes that we make and how we are punished and we defend as a team. Over the next few seasons we will add pace, power and attacking ability but under CH we will always focus on being disciplined and hard to beat

Interesting point. Do you not think we haven't parked the bus this season at 1 goal advantage whereas we did last season. We do look more capable of going for it than we did in the Championship. I have found us far more attractive as a side this season at a 1 goal advantage. Man City excluded which, on reflection, was rabbits in headlights.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's always been like this under CH, our whole set up is about being disciplined. We sit tight and do not allow our opposition to get in behind our fullbacks or create opportunities where they have a striker in the box with time and space. When we win possession we try to pass it out and build an attack, often the ball ends up with a winger and if possible they drive towards the box to try and provide an opportunity for a striker or to shoot themselves. None of this is ever done in a hurry or at risk that we give away the ball in a dangerous situation.

All of this is set up and dependent upon the strong steady centre backs, diciplined fullbacks and central midfield cover. In the Championship this was enough with Stephens & Kayal they did a job and broke forward allowing us to play 2 strikers, in the Premier League we play against better opposition and have an additional player in Gross who drops and helps but we only have 1 up front.

Post of the week

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If we push forward we run the risk of being exposed at the back. I'm happy for us to defend a lead but we need some pace so we can do it like Leicester and capitalise on sides who are pushing for an equaliser

Totally need a Jamie Vardy type to rip defences apart, sadly they are few and far between.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Thanks CH for letting us know how you want to play.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
How's the beer tasting in CT this evening? 32 degrees in Joburg and the Windhoek tastes GREAT

I have come back to the UK for a while feeling the cold and missing the castles black labels and braais and pool. Not so much the humidity hope to be back soonish but it could be back to Durban first while I reestablish in Century City we'll see got a lot of paperwork to do :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Totally need a Jamie Vardy type to rip defences apart, sadly they are few and far between.

What's the difference between Mahrez and Knocky? - Vardy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here