Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grayson has been sacked by Sunderland.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cannot disagree with much of that at all to be honest. But what can you do.

Got to remember I am only a fan without access to billions and this game is only about one thing when it comes down to it

In the end Villa got rid of the arrogant and only self interested Lerner. He had to accept that he was never going to get his money back.

Hopefully there's a buyer round the corner for SAFC too. Wolves, Massive, Leeds and Villa were all taken over by mega rich individuals/groups, and your club would be just as attractive. With no spending required on the stadium, making it a more viable investment.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
In the end Villa got rid of the arrogant and only self interested Lerner. He had to accept that he was never going to get his money back.

Hopefully there's a buyer round the corner for SAFC too. Wolves, Massive, Leeds and Villa were all taken over by mega rich individuals/groups, and your club would be just as attractive. With no spending required on the stadium, making it a more viable investment.

Thing is I don't see short in the same way as him, I think it's just a lack of experience in football specifically and that he doesn't want to put any more in which he stopped doing a while back

We should be a good prospect and hopefully we keep the ground, is shocking how long it has taken Leeds to get theirs back

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The cloak and daggers of it all must be surreal. Did they brief their press team for the sacking release before the game, or was it a quick call when they looked like they would lose? Or conceded from their own corner?

No interview after the game. I suspect he knew he was gone without a win before kick off

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They should have kept Di Canio: he said there was a poison in the club and the board needed to choose between him or the players. The board made the wrong choice

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thing is I don't see short in the same way as him, I think it's just a lack of experience in football specifically and that he doesn't want to put any more in which he stopped doing a while back

We should be a good prospect and hopefully we keep the ground, is shocking how long it has taken Leeds to get theirs back

On the money side, Lerner was similar. In the first four seasons, he fell for the M.O'Neill spin, and pumped in well over £100m to fund players fees and wages, as Villa thought they were better than they were in relation to simply far bigger and richer clubs. Once bitten, twice shy, almost overnight he stopped that. Giving rise to the squad and results decline.

From your inside knowledge, does Short come across as a person with a heart, unlile cold Lerner?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not quite following you there?
It's really quite simple - it means you're pretty well bu88ered. Club desperately needs new owners, but nobody wants to spend £150M to buy the existing owner out. Stalemate. Stagnation. Oh dear...................

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whoever comes in doesn't have an easy start with 3 of next 4 away including visits to Middlesbrough and Villa

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I cannot believe he is only 2 years older than me - football management must put years on you.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Terrible terrible apportionment. Said this the day they appointed him. Wrong fit.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Whoever comes in doesn't have an easy start with 3 of next 4 away including visits to Middlesbrough and Villa

Think the question now is who would want to step into such a job? It's now not an attractive proposition and Ellis isn't likely to step in and make more funds available, so that a manager can rebuild a team and the players there are still on very big contracts, so unlikely that they'll be moved on easily either to generate funds.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think the question now is who would want to step into such a job? It's now not an attractive proposition.......................

Nevertheless there will be a queue of out-of-work and wannabee managers falling over themselves to get the job!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Terrible terrible apportionment. Said this the day they appointed him. Wrong fit.

I disagree: Northern manager, lots of experience of the Championship who has a decent record with teams a bit strapped for cash - thought he was a pretty decent fit.

The problem isn't really the manager, the problems are a board with little footballing nous and a bunch of overpaid players with a shocking lack of commitment. Guardiola or Mourinho would struggle to get that team promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here