Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Gone to penalties for me. Xmas aim sub 43 10k. Garmin on finish 43:00. Hopefully the results will show 42:59 and I won't have to run another this year. it's a ba****d race distance.
Good Phoenix event and enjoyed seeing everyone running and in the Brunswick after.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
As always a top evening and some fine performances all round.
[MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] retains his crown with a fine 39:20 something and I was a minute behind with 40:24.

Many other pb's to report too and good to catch up with a couple of pints at the Brunswick.

I can't find the results. Have you a link. We knew the newly named Scarlet Pimpernel would win.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
46.54 chip for me so finally gone under 50 officially a year after first attempting it. A 10K race PB by four minutes and, for once, a few seconds the right side of my aim instead of a few over. Good catch up in the pub too. All in all a triffic night although my hamstring hurts a bit :eek:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Breaking news [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] was pushed back to Bronze by [MENTION=29726]Bermondseygull[/MENTION] getting Silver and pushing [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] and[MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] out of medal position. No bitterness at all.......

Plus

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
42:42 - PB by nearly 30 secs. Delighted with that. Set off too quickly (3:55 for first km!)
Great catch up with seven of the team afterwards - only our champ was missing!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Breaking news [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] was pushed back to Bronze by [MENTION=29726]Bermondseygull[/MENTION] getting Silver and pushing [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] out of medal position. No bitterness at all.......

Yeah but once the drugs testing is completed in a few years I'll get my piece of tin!

Bermondseygull

Jul 6, 2014
Down by the river
Gah, was hoping for a PB today but a killer combo of man-flu and eating my pre-race baked beans too late meant I was in clip the whole way round and threatening to puke. Ended up just 2s off my 5k PB and 12s off my 10k, gutted! Congrats to everyone that got good results today sounds like a good race for many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fantastic work guys. Looks like some great runs there. Chestnut Tree House 10km in September for anyone who fancies another crack at the distance....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
http://www.visit1066country.com/whats-on/events/1066-way-to-battle-p1265301

Am I right that [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION], [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] are in this? Anyone else? Liking the look of it now. Be good training build up for the Brooks 10k November 20th. I can knock 15 seconds at least of yesterday's time. Onwards and upwards.

Yes I'm in. Looks fun doesn't it? 17 miles mainly off road - suspect there will be a good atmosphere. Same day as BRIGHT10 is only issue.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
http://www.visit1066country.com/whats-on/events/1066-way-to-battle-p1265301

Am I right that [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION], [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] are in this? Anyone else? Liking the look of it now. Be good training build up for the Brooks 10k November 20th. I can knock 15 seconds at least of yesterday's time. Onwards and upwards.

This is the one I'm looking forward to most, one off and looks a great route. Plus more my distance so opportunity to even the score if you enter.
Great running by all those who took part last night. Good to meet more nsc faces, shame I couldn't make the pub after.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This is the one I'm looking forward to most, one off and looks a great route. Plus more my distance so opportunity to even the score if you enter.

That's a fun run ruled out then. Fed up with being [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] 's poodle but be very happy a minute behind him. As for you I'd base it as 4 miles more than Hasting's Half and 9 miles less than a marathon. Should be a close finish. You better train hard............

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I'm feeling a bit cheated. Where's my bloody medal? Does it come in the post... Some kind of recognition for ruining an hour of my life surely. A rosette perhaps....

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
A great event last night , really enjoyed it. Nice to not be on a long long training run! Happy to be the NSC snail, seeing the times of the others spurs me on.

I managed a PB of 52.19, so very happy with that. Like the look of the 1066 run, will look at entering that one (need to check my diary first!). Great to meet up in the Brunswick afterwards, next time mine will be a beer!!!

https://www.strava.com/activities/6...pe_map=["fitness.runs"]&action_ref_map=[]#_=_

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here