Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, please don't - I'll get an email.

If you're being serious [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], you maybe need to push back from the club a bit. IMHO, like. Make the club post directly on to NSC if they've got something to say.

Transparency and all that.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This.

Club appears to be wilfully sabotaging adding 5,000 minimum to the gate just so they can try and fill 500 seats that nobody wants to sit in.

Ridiculous state of affairs.

Not at all.
They are simply waiting to maximise Lower Tier sales. Once its down to singles and oddments, which won't be long, I would expect an announcement to open ESU ( it won't be WSU...they know they will sell nowhere near another 5000 ) I am confident that they will announce tomorrow or Monday. Either way there is still plenty of time to purchase for everybody. My group is holding its nerve and biding its time. If I am wrong, I will be mightily surprised.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not at all.
They are simply waiting to maximise Lower Tier sales. Once its down to singles and oddments, which won't be long, I would expect an announcement to open ESU ( it won't be WSU...they know they will sell nowhere near another 5000 ) I am confident that they will announce tomorrow or Monday. Either way there is still plenty of time to purchase for everybody. My group is holding its nerve and biding its time. If I am wrong, I will be mightily surprised.

Oh PLEASE. You really believe that? :rolleyes:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I kind of regret the fact I have bought my tickets already, not that I would want to sit anywhere other than the North Stand but I quite like the jeopardy

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wait, wait... do we have 443 fans waiting for upper tier each willing to pay a modest £6 extra?

Then simply buy a CHILD seat in the lower tier first to fill it up. (4 tickets per fan remember - no details required)

SORTED!

So I wrote an email to Supporter Services suggesting they should apply common sense and open an upper tier and don't send me a patronising reply about economics ......

And I got this:

"The exhaustive running costs, to cater, light, staff &steward a 30,000 seater stadium when recent cup sales tell us otherwise, mean that it wouldn’t make financial sense to open up the whole stadium."

"With regards to the upper tiers, I confirm they may open but this will only be determined at the point in time when the lower bowl has sold out."

"Currently we have some fantastic seating options available and my team in Supporter Services will be more than happy to advise you on the best seating currently available"

FFS

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The poll on here earlier in the week indicated that just shy of 20% of people on here (which as Andy Naylor is keen to point out is NOT significant in any way) were going to wait. That's a lot of people were it representative of our fan base.

20% of people who voted you mean I guess, which might no be very many

Edit: Just found it, 51 people were waiting for the uppers

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Simple mathematics would indicate another cock up at customer experience HQ .

Animated_proof_for_the_formula_giving_the_sum_of_the_first_integers_1%2B2%2B...%2Bn.gif

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So I wrote an email to Supporter Services suggesting they should apply common sense and open an upper tier and don't send me a patronising reply about economics ......

And I got this:

"The exhaustive running costs, to cater, light, staff &steward a 30,000 seater stadium when recent cup sales tell us otherwise, mean that it wouldn’t make financial sense to open up the whole stadium."

"With regards to the upper tiers, I confirm they may open but this will only be determined at the point in time when the lower bowl has sold out."

"Currently we have some fantastic seating options available and my team in Supporter Services will be more than happy to advise you on the best seating currently available"

FFS

A perfectly reasonable response.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
This is hardly the first game where the club have done this. Its been common practice for non league games at the Amex. Palace was highly unusual.
Athletico Madrid, Hull City, MK Dons last season for starters.

This is hardly the first game where the club have done this. Its been common practice for non league games at the Amex. Palace was highly unusual.
Athletico Madrid, Hull City, MK Dons last season for starters.

Most recently was Athletico Madrid.

When they relented and opened the East Upper, they did first with the center two blocks. Within hours, more of the stand was opened, and all of it within a day or two.

They then opened the West Upper in a similar vein. The West Upper sold out too.

The late demand was this game was huge. With a decent weather forecast this could easily sell out - you just won't be able to buy a seat on the lower tier.

And I got this:

FFS

Please tell me that’s a wind up? If not, what a condiscending / patronising reply! The club have cocked up ticketing availability and pricing for the last cup match and now this one. Communication has been Div2, not Premier League. Quite disappointed with the club actually ��

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

And I got this:

FFS

Interesting they ended by saying FFS , nice to see they're in touch with the common people .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What are the running costs of opening up these closed tiers? How many additional sales are required in order to justify opening them? These are the facts we don't have available and yet we probably need before we can be quite so arrogantly dismissive of opinions such as [MENTION=25353]el punal[/MENTION]'s. Pure speculation but I assume a tier would have to be at least 60% full in order to justify the additional cost of staffing, policing and electricity, and I'd guess they're monitoring sales very closely before making that decision.

Regardless, I suspect that the ESU will be open before long anyway...

I kinda agree... and they haven't got a lot to go on, but it seems to me they have over-reacted to the Palace cup game fiasco... my take is we are now two rounds further on, we have a plumb home draw, no chance of aggro, the KO is At 3 PM, and it is not on the telly... if the club open up the upper tiers, they WILL maximize sales...I don't KNOW they have made a mistake, but I am pretty certain they have, and every hour they delay, they will fulfill their own prophecy, i.e. they will have less and less chance of maximizing their ticket sales...

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Most recently was Athletico Madrid.

When they relented and opened the East Upper, they did first with the center two blocks. Within hours, more of the stand was opened, and all of it within a day or two.

They then opened the West Upper in a similar vein. The West Upper sold out too.

The late demand was this game was huge. With a decent weather forecast this could easily sell out - you just won't be able to buy a seat on the lower tier.

My guess is they will release more seats in W1A and E1H before they open WSU or ESU.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
And I got this:

FFS

So to summarise it is all down to those who could not be bothered with the 3rd round game where all the stadium was open but only 15000 sold?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here