Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In your Brighton Half Conqueror photo you don't look a lard Arse, so maybe you are just a heavy chap. It would be hard to lose much in 3-4 weeks. You could try organic virgin coconut oil. I add it to my porridge. The fat gives me energy, I can last longer before snacking and it is a type of fat that encourages the body to burn the body fats more efficiently. Google it.

To go sub 1:50 you need 8:23 pace. Visualise running that and crossing the line in sub 1:50. Pick NOW which of the two races is going to be the record breaker. Do the intervals and hills training you did for Brighton. Shave your legs. Buy some ASIC gel racers. Start as far up the front as you dare for a clear start. Shave your legs again and rub some coconut oil on them to slipstream.

Thanks very much.

Have been looking at the DS Racers and they seem grand for a half.

Haven't shaved my legs since I appeared in the Rocky Horror Show but if it's good enough for a sweet transvestite from Transylvania it's good enough for the Wilmslow half!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks very much.

Have been looking at the DS Racers and they seem grand for a half.

Haven't shaved my legs since I appeared in the Rocky Horror Show but if it's good enough for a sweet transvestite from Transylvania it's good enough for the Wilmslow half!

Weight loss. Circumcision, if you're really serious. Could help you with your finishing spurt.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Perfect conditions for a 5k PB at hove prom tomorrow. A slight 4mph easterly coupled with a flat course and the ingredients are there.

I hope to be there this week then an hour run Sunday and 45 mins Tuesday. A pretty easy week before another long run Monday 21st and the final long run Sunday 3rd.

I'm not going to push for above 18 miles but if the body can manage to up it without too much struggle I might push a little further.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Back to back ******* weekend for me. 8-10m tomorrow and Moyleman marathon on Sunday, then straight to Heathrow for 14 hour flight to Hong Kong...........have a good weekend's running everyone !

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Perfect conditions for a 5k PB at hove prom tomorrow. A slight 4mph easterly coupled with a flat course and the ingredients are there.

I hope to be there this week then an hour run Sunday and 45 mins Tuesday. A pretty easy week before another long run Monday 21st and the final long run Sunday 3rd.

I'm not going to push for above 18 miles but if the body can manage to up it without too much struggle I might push a little further.

I've cancelled my Bevendean run tomorrow and will be at Hove Park. Had 3 days off with some virus thingy that she has had as well. So well rested for tomorrow. Yellow racers ready and aim to get in front of [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] for the first time in over 6 months.....
Then hopefully 18 on Sunday.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've cancelled my Bevendean run tomorrow and will be at Hove Park. Had 3 days off with some virus thingy that she has had as well. So well rested for tomorrow. Yellow racers ready and aim to get in front of [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] for the first time in over 6 months.....

Let me know if you fancy Bevendean any time soon I'd be up for giving it a go. Looks completely different to the Cities other Park Runs.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
You'll definitely beat me tomorrow. Doing my long run on Saturday this weekend due to commitments on Saturday evening and Sunday . Aiming for 8am start and incorporate HP parkrun into a 20 miler. See you in the morning.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Probably a bit late in the day Knocky but I'll be around for my first run of the year, will keep an eye out for you.
I'll be happy to beat 24 minutes today, great weather for it though!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?335070-Pure-joy-on-the-streets-of-Brighton

Saw Pablo at Parkrun today. A few of you may recognise his glittery outfits and leotards.
Failed to beat [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] as I gave him a 21 minute time in a virtual race. Ran 21:20 something but have just had 3 days in bed, which isn't really tapering.. Never saw you [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] will be up for Bevendean but not next week as Hastings half on Sunday.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Ran the Kings Lynn Parkrun today, Absolutely buzzing after today's run, I clocked 18.28 and 4th place. A good minute quicker than my best the 'B' course, just 2 sec off the 'A' course marker which was unfortunately flooded. Happy runner this morning!!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ran the Kings Lynn Parkrun today, Absolutely buzzing after today's run, I clocked 18.28 and 4th place. A good minute quicker than my best the 'B' course, just 2 sec off the 'A' course marker which was unfortunately flooded. Happy runner this morning!!

Great running today. I mis-timed my breakfast and my pre race off load wasn't substantial enough on first sitting. Too rushed to get to the start line and could feel the second instalment of waste getting closer to falling out. With that and my breakfast still not properly down, I pulled the plug when it might have been better to insert one.

Had a lovely dump at home and at least I got out and done two quick miles. I'll be fresh tomorrow which is a small consolation.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?335070-Pure-joy-on-the-streets-of-Brighton

Saw Pablo at Parkrun today. A few of you may recognise his glittery outfits and leotards.
Failed to beat [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] as I gave him a 21 minute time in a virtual race. Ran 21:20 something but have just had 3 days in bed, which isn't really tapering.. Never saw you [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] will be up for Bevendean but not next week as Hastings half on Sunday.

Glad the virtual me still managed to beat you! In the real world I ran 26 mins at the park run around 12-17km into my 32km/20 miler this morning. Did parts of three park runs en route and finished around 2:55. Lovely day for it!

Saw a couple of BHA shirts on the park run this morning - anyone here?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Glad the virtual me still managed to beat you! In the real world I ran 26 mins at the park run around 12-17km into my 32km/20 miler this morning. Did parts of three park runs en route and finished around 2:55. Lovely day for it!

Saw a couple of BHA shirts on the park run this morning - anyone here?

Yep, I run in the stripes with black shorts.

First park run since August/September for me and just about managed 24:19.
Aiming to get back to 22 by summer.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Great running today. I mis-timed my breakfast and my pre race off load wasn't substantial enough on first sitting. Too rushed to get to the start line and could feel the second instalment of waste getting closer to falling out. With that and my breakfast still not properly down, I pulled the plug when it might have been better to insert one.

Had a lovely dump at home and at least I got out and done two quick miles. I'll be fresh tomorrow which is a small consolation.

Are you El Presidente in disguise?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Too much info indeed- where's that thumbs down button when you need it?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Too much info indeed- where's that thumbs down button when you need it?!

Almost sounds like a thumb up was needed.........in all seriousness though, nothing worse than setting out knowing there is one in the chamber.

Disaster for me. Calf went ping about 30 mins into my easy hour's run. Crocks bench for me and no Moyleman tomorrow [emoji20]

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Beautiful words��

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Almost sounds like a thumb up was needed.........in all seriousness though, nothing worse than setting out knowing there is one in the chamber.

Disaster for me. Calf went ping about 30 mins into my easy hour's run. Crocks bench for me and no Moyleman tomorrow [emoji20]

Oh no, thats a bit cr*p.. hopefully it wont derail you to much from your other races this year..

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Things going from bad to worse. Garmin Connect has lost its Classic set up which means I can't download runs at the moment, my Mac is too ancient to do the downloads. I've been holding of buying a new Mac so now ill be taking the plunge next week, fortunately it coincides with bonus pay day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here