Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How many tickets sold, close to 20k now?
There appear to be only about 1400 left on sale in the lower bowl and ESU combined.

So the guess for number sold = 30750 - 1400 - WSU - seats not yet made available (segregation and any other) - unsold by WBA

Guess = close to 20K

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Update from WBA ticket office.

They are "about half way through" selling their 4,300 allocation. Have been on sale to STH since Monday and Members since yesterday but only one ticket per fan number.

Tickets go on General Sale tomorrow. Impossible to say whether they will sell out or not but 3K+ from them will be a decent effort in any event and push the total crowd to the c.25K region...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Does anyone know if WBA have to pay for tickets they don't sell from their 4,300 allocation? Presumably we offered them pretty much whatever number they wanted up to that maximum. If they do have to pay for unsold tickets then that would suggest they are actually confident of selling the 4,300.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ooooh, what a surprise... they've started to open the upper tiers... what a load of bollox... just open the whole ground ****wits...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ooooh, what a surprise... they've started to open the upper tiers... what a load of bollox... just open the whole ground ****wits...

I think they're doing the right thing.

It costs more money to open the entire ground. This game is not going to sell out, so why not open the parts of the ground as demand grows. Makes business sense to do it that way and keep money in the bank.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

It costs more money to open the entire ground. This game is not going to sell out, so why not open the parts of the ground as demand grows. Makes business sense to do it that way and keep money in the bank.

And has the added advantage of p1ssing off regulars... yes, it's a definite winner! ;-)

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
How long does it take for print at home tickets to arrive?

if you have the same set up as my printer anything up to 2 bloody days as the paper jams, laptop refuses to recognise the wifi signal, the ink runs out and then the printer doesnt recognise the ink as "official" and therefore is dangerous, and then the cat sits on the bloody thing just as I finally get it to print causing a whole new set of problems

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Waiting for it to open but then buying 4 in the front row...

I’ve set up an RSS feed that tells me when the page structure changes to be told when it becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, you are right about the cost of opening the whole ground, but in reality did you or indeed anyone think that only the lower tiers would be needed, given that the fans mojo at present must be quite high? At least ESU or WSU could have been opened immediately, thus keeping regular fans happy, who would not have been messed about, wondering what to do to get their normal seat.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Does anyone know if WBA have to pay for tickets they don't sell from their 4,300 allocation? Presumably we offered them pretty much whatever number they wanted up to that maximum. If they do have to pay for unsold tickets then that would suggest they are actually confident of selling the 4,300.

Wasn't there a similar situation last year, when the Albion had to choose what allocation of seats they wanted at Manure? I am not totally sure but think that had we gone for the upper allocation and then not sold them, we would have been billed anyway. Is this why clubs open up certain sections only initially, so as to sell that lot first and then move down, so to speak, rather than hand over an entire area, only for it to be possibly half-filled, and lose revenue, as they cannot then sell to home fans? Perhaps someone who genuinely knows can help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here