Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well I suppose the club could become really mercenary. Say, buy a player from Calde’s club in India. Have zillions of shirts printed with ‘Bombay Bobby’ on the back, only bring him on as third substitute when we’re 4-0 up with 10 minutes to go, and play Bangra music over the P.A. pre-match and at half-time.

Repeat the same process for a player from China. :drink:

and somebody on twitter will call him Bombay Potato Bobby and the easily offended will get easily offended again

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Sounds good.
Well I suppose the club could become really mercenary. Say, buy a player from Calde’s club in India. Have zillions of shirts printed with ‘Bombay Bobby’ on the back, only bring him on as third substitute when we’re 4-0 up with 10 minutes to go, and play Bangra music over the P.A. pre-match and at half-time.

Repeat the same process for a player from China. :drink:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not really a suitable analogy. You are comparing selling a property not buying one. But, while you asking, as you’re selling your house and moving on would you be concerned what happens afterwards? Circumstances surely would dictate what your motives were going to be, be it financial, health reasons, family issues, etc.

OK, ditch the analogy, is Calderon a mercenary scumbag because he went to talk to Southampton after he had verbally accepted an offer from Brighton?

el punal

OK, ditch the analogy, is Calderon a mercenary scumbag because he went to talk to Southampton after he had verbally accepted an offer from Brighton?

No, he’s not a mercenary scumbag because he went to Southampton to see what was on offer. Gus was not best pleased and Calde saw the light of day, and was contrite. The fact that he didn’t accept Southampton’s offer, despite at the time being a much bigger club than us, shows Calderon’s integrity.

The same could be said about Ali Jahanbakhsh, or not, once the outcome is revealed. Scumbag material would be the likes of Sammy Lee and Alex Pritchard.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
We may need to be patient for a little while longer.

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that the U.K. visa centre in Paris are going to want background checks as I have said before.

I would expect those background checks to involve talking to the U.K. visa centre in Tehran, this is part of the U.K. Embassy in Tehran.

The U.K. embassy in Tehran does not open on Mondays or Tuesdays it reopens on Wednesday from 7.30am to 2.30pm. Bearing in mind the time difference between Paris and Tehran is +3.5 hours that means when the Paris office opens at 9.30am it is already 1pm in Tehran, so supposing this person in Tehran gets there finger out for their final hour at work we could hear something tomorrow.

This is all hypothetical, I have no knowledge of how these things work, it is just as concievable that everything can be done from the Paris office and the Work permit has already been issued.

Just putting out a possible reason for the delay.

Still doesn't explain the lack of Twitter action from Ali J, who previously seemed to be pretty keen on selfies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, he’s not a mercenary scumbag because he went to Southampton to see what was on offer. Gus was not best pleased and Calde saw the light of day, and was contrite. The fact that he didn’t accept Southampton’s offer, despite at the time being a much bigger club than us, shows Calderon’s integrity.

The same could be said about Ali Jahanbakhsh, or not, once the outcome is revealed. Scumbag material would be the likes of Sammy Lee and Alex Pritchard.

I thout Stains backed off due to history of injuries?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still doesn't explain the lack of Twitter action from Ali J, who previously seemed to be pretty keen on selfies.

My guess/hope is that the club have politely asked him to SHUT UP on social media before the unveiling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

They denied they ever made him an offer didn't they, which was the reason he saw the light of day?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
A lot of people have got their knickers in a twist this morning because seagullwedgee says he knows facts.

He knows **** all that’s not how Brighton operate he has taken a stab in the dark.

Hardly a stab in the dark if he trusts his “club” sources.

Also who’s to say the club don’t like to spread disinformation just to see where their leaks are and act accordingly.

I would but then I’m a Machiavellian son of a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We may need to be patient for a little while longer.

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that the U.K. visa centre in Paris are going to want background checks as I have said before.

I would expect those background checks to involve talking to the U.K. visa centre in Tehran, this is part of the U.K. Embassy in Tehran.

The U.K. embassy in Tehran does not open on Mondays or Tuesdays it reopens on Wednesday from 7.30am to 2.30pm. Bearing in mind the time difference between Paris and Tehran is +3.5 hours that means when the Paris office opens at 9.30am it is already 1pm in Tehran, so supposing this person in Tehran gets there finger out for their final hour at work we could hear something tomorrow.

This is all hypothetical, I have no knowledge of how these things work, it is just as concievable that everything can be done from the Paris office and the Work permit has already been issued.

Just putting out a possible reason for the delay.

Sounds by far the most feasible explanation.

What we know for certain is that alireza's agent was in Paris last night. I don't think they have moved from there since arriving on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Based on the team line up for pompey is Suttner being considered our 4th winger now?? PLEASE SING JAFFA
No - it's another 'shop window' selection to showcase Suttner, Norwood, Hemed, White and Towell.

Skalak and Baldock may have moves in progress ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My guess/hope is that the club have politely asked him to SHUT UP on social media before the unveiling.

Well, if this is the case, the fact that he’s complying with the request is an indicator that he might be coming to us - “I’d better not piss off my future employer”. As opposed to if he was going elsewhere - “what’s it to do with you? FU.”

The second word of the first sentence is the key, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here