Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey you should be ashamed of yourself for how long it took that penny to drop :facepalm:

Of course the other bookie won't pay out on Haas, he came fourth. :lolol:

No no!, he tied with McCarthy :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] thanks for advice on cables. All four cables done without a problem. Think gears are indexed but have to get sorted out for tonight before test ride. Bought a £5 cable cutter from Wiggle, which was fine for purpose. Marked cable with tippex to old cable to give idea of fitting. Finished off by losing my virginity at crimping.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
RIDE 400

Just a quick plug for an Albion fan organised and GB Cyclist hosted track cycling event at Lee valley.

Alas the host is Burnley fan and double gold medal winning cyclist STEVEN BURKE, so could do with some help at the Q and A's.

Hosted by a GB Cycling Gold Medallist, we are offering the unique opportunity for you, your friends and colleagues to sample a unique VIP cycling experience. You will spend approximately 75 minutes on the track under the expert tuition of GB Cycling coaches culminating in a flying lap competition with your name and time on the Olympic Scoreboard as you do battle with the rest of your group. You then get to meet the medallist, firstly in the post flying lap medal ceremony receiving your signed memorabilia, medals and have signed photos with them. Then over lunch, the opportunity to hear from the medallist on their Olympic and London 2012 experiences, plus a look at Rio 2016. This is a genuine ‘once in a lifetime’ experience to sample what it takes to be an Olympic gold medallist. T

Message me if you want to take part on the first date: Thursday 16th February.

Many thanks.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A few of you asked me to post details of my place in the Pyrenees...it's now all ready to go, and I'll be going over after we are promoted (!) and opening for the summer.

Here's my website: https://www.revesdecols.com/

It would be great to have some NSC Geeks there - I'd love to show you around. So get booking!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A few of you asked me to post details of my place in the Pyrenees...it's now all ready to go, and I'll be going over after we are promoted (!) and opening for the summer.

It would be great to have some NSC Geeks there - I'd love to show you around. So get booking!
Great stuff.
Have just shared it with the cyclists of Greater Sussex.

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Anyone here ride to the Amex tonight? Wasn't to bad going but by god it was freezing on the way back, icy roads, hands like blocks of ice, even with two sets of gloves on

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Great website fella. Some pics of the local cafes would be good. We're bound for Spain this year but SWF is always gonna be on radar.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Anyone here ride to the Amex tonight? Wasn't to bad going but by god it was freezing on the way back, icy roads, hands like blocks of ice, even with two sets of gloves on

Yes! I got back to my bike a bit late (but with my new gully gnome in my pannier thanks to the ticket exchange voucher). Anyway, when I got there I found 2 other cyclists de-icing their saddles!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I went on my Mtb. It was cold, but within acceptable limits! But I was wearing polar gear.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Bad news if it happens...although we are hopefully switching to Virgin soon anyway.
I love Eurosport, and not just for the cycling. I enjoy all the winter sport coverage, like the cross country skiing, biathlon, luge etc. Lets hope they can sort something out.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Bad news if it happens...although we are hopefully switching to Virgin soon anyway.
I love Eurosport, and not just for the cycling. I enjoy all the winter sport coverage, like the cross country skiing, biathlon, luge etc. Lets hope they can sort something out.

Surely Sky customers make up almost all of British Eurosport's viewers. Seems like they'll be bullied by Sky into doing some kind of deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Woo and indeed hoo

I needed to replace my saddlebags 'emergency fiver', adamant I'd spent it a few rides ago.
I've even got a new robust one.

Only to find 2 other emergency fivers already in the bag.

Stat is loaded and off to Vegas :rave:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great news last night that SKY & Discovery have agreed a deal to keep broadcasting - which means Eurosport is still on our screens.

Thank F*** for that...dont know if I could've coped without it!

Now I just have to wait for Virgin to reach my part of the world so I can save £50 p/m & use it on bike stuff instead :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here