Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shouldn't have said we were a stepping stone to a bigger club!

This. Needs to produce the goods at little old Brighton whenever he gets the chance before 'a bigger club' comes calling. On the evidence so far, he'd struggle in the Championship. Must be frustrating for the guy, but what can the manager do when he's got better options available?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I remember a Dutch journalist who was incredulous that we'd paid that much for him. From what I have seen, he looks way short of the mark, the man utd away game being the exception. And one looks decent to me and Locadia is falling down the pecking order. I'd be looking to move on if I was him

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'd like to see him have a run of games as a number 10. Clearly he can't play as a lone striker which makes the signing of him all the more baffling.
For me to get the best out of him and Ali you would need to play them as part of a front 3.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've seen most of his performances and each time I just cannot see anything about him that justifies the hefty price the club paid for him. There might be a very good player in there somewhere but being kept out of the side by a 35 year old suggests otherwise.

If he wants to join another club then it's probably better for everybody that he moves on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He didn't talk to them though. It was an "intrigue with De Telegraaf". So probably lots of clandestine exchanges of encrypted messages through a network of shadowy spies meeting on park benches in Hove Park etc.

If you click on the link to the original Dutch article it says "...vertelt Locadia in een interview met De Telegraaf."

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From what little I've seen or read about Locadia, I find it hard to believe he passed the 'No dickheads' test.

I guess that's why the test isn't based on a 'little'.

I find it hard to believe anybody would pass a 'no dickheads' policy when taking a small snapshot in isolation.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
TaxiFlasher_animated_300x200.gif

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I would imagine Balogun and Bernardo having similar thoughts at the moment.

I was thinking the same recently. Five of our usual eleven(ish) were signed post promotion so it's not like they're not getting a chance, but it must be tough for Balogun to see Duffy and Dunk every week and know you need an injury to break in, and the same for Locadia and Andone. Bernardo is perhaps still adapting and would be good to see him have a run out in cup games but for us every Prem game is vital and Bong is performing well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The one true victim of this thread is Dwayne, oh how his heart must be sinking with each empathetic agreement with Big Jurg.
So everyone on this thread agrees with locadia that he is destined for a big German or Spanish move and is way too good for the championship

Ok then !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nearly as good news as Murray signing a new deal.

Step down chaps, I'm happy to cover the petrol/car sweets cost of this one.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The next question we should be asking ourselves is..........how much do you think we can recoup on him from our large outlay ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
"The whole story line is not right, that's what makes me angry,

This is the bit that erk's me a bit, why angry....

Yes this has not worked out, ultimately it is a two way street and he has not obviously fitted in to the way we want play or is simply deemed not good enough.
It is up to him to prove us wrong, it is all very well saying I tried really hard and had a good game against Manchester United, but what was his training actually like, how focused is he, is he distracted by outside influences and not focused 100%...

All things we don't actually know, and are now we are being asked to take things he says at face value because he gave an interview.

Angry,.....

My arse for getting paid thousands of pounds a week for simply not being good enough, sure you want to play we get that, and someone will buy you at a knock down price & you will score goals for fun in Turkey, maybe that is your level, we are the ones taking a hit on your supposed talent....

If anyone should be angry it is us....

But we are not, your simply not good enough, or you would have dislodged a 35 year old striker from the number one slot.....

But you didn't did you, maybe your just angry at yourself.....

Rant over...

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is just a reaction to the 25 squad rule in the PL if a player is at a club where the manager doesn't rotate the starting 11 frequently. The club want and need PL quality players throughout the 25 squad to provide competition and cover when injuries and suspensions arise.
If Locadia had a different mindset he would acknowledge this and appreciate that most games he is at least involved in the matchday squad by being on the bench as opposed to just watching from the stands.

Fortunately given our reliance on Murray he has not been injured this season and it seems that as now fit Andone has overtaken Locadia.

So assuming he leaves in January who do we look to bring in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here