Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rule changes - What would you make?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If a player takes the ball to the corner, the majority of time he then spends the next minute making no attempt to play the ball but preventing the opposition from playing it! Then it goes out of play and the whole process is repeated. It is a form of time wasting and therefore ungentlemanly conduct. You don't see it during the previous 87 minutes. The player with the ball makes a beeline straight to the corner. I know it's legal at the moment but l would like to see it changed!

You can't say it's ungentlemanly conduct because it is allowed within the laws. It's a means of running down the clock. If you don't like then by all means propose a change but imagine we need a point at Anfield to stay up and it's the 89th minute and Murray has the ball in the corner and keeps getting fouled. Are you going to be screaming at him for running the clock down?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Covering your mouth when speaking to be a red card offence and 5 point deduction.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think players should be forced to immediately retreat 10 yards when conceding a free kick and if they don't, the opponents can kick the ball against them and the player is then booked.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So handball on the line, you're giving a penalty. Any other time someone's about to shoot, defenders might as well take them out, at least they'll then have a chance with a wall in front of the goal. Better than letting someone take a shot with just the keeper to beat.

I'd simply have VAR to stop penalties like the one on Saturday. If someone then gives away a penalty when the player was going away from goal, more fool them.

I know, the Op had a spot of change for change sake and poorly thought out to boot...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here