Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Objective Analysis Of Football Chants

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
"Oh we're going up and we'll win the cup for Sussex by the sea" - I know they aren't the correct words, but are the ones most sung!

Which cup are we going to win, was it the Sussex Royal Ulster Rifles Charity Cup - which we won in both 1959/60 and 1960/61?

Are you sure about that?

MickyAdams_468x344.jpg 4582638.jpg

2004-play-off-final-1039859.jpg 33BC4AC300000578-3581639-image-a-46_1462820828540.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
At number one was Peter Ward, at number two was Peter Ward, at number three was Peter Ward....

Except I can find no evidence of him ever starting in goal, nor in fact of him ever donning a shirt that didn't have an 8 or a 9 on it

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
"Who are yer?" I've literally never been to a game and not known who we are playing!

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
It wasn't a particularly long way to run from the Goldstone to the station. I'd say about 10 minutes at a light jog.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of referees are not illegitimate... although they probably are wankers!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Unless anyone has got access to his medical records, I think it's difficult to prove that 'Stevie' Coppell has got – or has ever had*- venereal disease.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We pay your benefits

Um not all Albion fans will be paying tax or NI and not all fans from the other team will be receiving benefits.
Even where they are its unknown where our tax payments go other than into a big pot to be redistributed

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
CMS was never really 'scoring goals for fun', and spent more time chasing the ball after a poor first touch than he did 'chasing down defenders'

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
My old man said 'Be a Palace fan', he patently did not do this nor would I have ever replied with 'Fxxk off, boxxocks, you're a cxxt!', purely on a self preservation agenda.

Exactly. This is what comes immediately to mind when this is sung. My old man was a Brighton fan, why the f*ck would he tell me to be a Palace fan? Utter nonsense.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
"Go left, go left. Go left right left, go left go left go pick up your step...."
Firstly never had the foggiest idea what this was about. It appeared to come out of nowhere circa 1976. Are they specific directions to an actual destination? If so where?
Secondly, if you take three left turns in a row as the chant suggests, then surely you'd be ending up back where you started from. There must be a more logical route to where ever we're giving directions to.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We pay your benefits

Um not all Albion fans will be paying tax or NI and not all fans from the other team will be receiving benefits.
Even where they are its unknown where our tax payments go other than into a big pot to be redistributed

On the flip side, I currently work for a local council and we DO pay people's Housing Benefits! (not from our own pockets obviously).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We forgot that you were here.

REALLY?

Do we sing that to any other tourists who are only here for the nightlife?

And if so, why?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here