Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro fan in piece

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't forget the body search before you enter our beautiful stadium, but you will be able to drink in your stañd afterwards win or lose :facepalm:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Another vote for changing at Haywards Heath for the Lewes train. Your match ticket covers the train journey from there and there's no queuing at the station so you'll walk straight onto the train to Falmer. That's the route I take every other week.

It's generally better via Brighton on the way out though.

And as others have said, don't get a cab!!!
If he goes to Lewes then a taxi becomes a viable option if time is short and train queues are long (especially to get to the away end).

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
For 3pm kick offs, the 2.40 usually gets me there by 2.55. You should be ok at 11.40 even if there's a queue. Taxis are not a good idea.

This. I'm so glad no one else appears to have figured this out yet. Normally the train isn't even that busy at that time, walk straight on, get a seat. Sat down at the Amex before the teams are out on the pitch.

However, this might be a little different for a 1230 kick off.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Don't do Taxi. You will miss the 1st half...

"check spelling first before sending"

You're an Albion fan - he isn't. That legitimises a pop at his grammer (sic) &/or spelling in a way that would be churlish with you. So I won't.

:thumbsup:

PS Why have you capitalised "taxi"?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I'm assuming you are booked into Brighton on the 10.10 from St.Pancras (after a short walk over from King's Cross) which is due into Brighton at 11.39. I think a better bet would be (as previously suggested) to change trains at Haywards Heath (arr 11.19) for the 11.33 to Lewes (arr 11.48). You will then have 2 trains (11.58 & 12.07) to get you to Falmer (arr12.05 &12.14 respectively). There is a 12.14 that would leave you sprinting to the South Stand to make the kick off

Ids Gus poyet in charge of you then, sounds very familiar.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Come on, let's not be snobby Southern tossers here.

Good luck to them. I wouldn't mind being able to buy a house for £40k.

Edit: for £50k you can have this one (optimistically described as a "townhouse", as opposed to a bog standard Victorian terrace), and it comes with a lovely sauna in the bedroom :ohmy:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30809355.html

I was looking at the ones to max price of 400k, live like a King, and gorgeous houses.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If you arrive at 11.40 you will have to shuffle straight over to the Amex train platform - once aboard its then just a ten minute journey so you will be fine ... just :)

Yo do know that you'll be going home 4th after Saturday though :cheers:
7 or 8 mins

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
Derby fan in peaces

We will beat the Suffolk tractor boys this satdee coming and you guys and bora will draw ... which means we will slide into TOP PLACE on goal diff :drink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Derby fan in peaces

We will beat the Suffolk tractor boys this satdee coming and you guys and bora will draw ... which means we will slide into TOP PLACE on goal diff :drink:

Not at all impossible. Indeed, perhaps the most likely outcome. It's tight at the top. Oooo, err, Missus.

Bad luck this weekend. :thumbsup:

I have two options, one was to go straight over to St Pancras from Kings Cross or get the tube over to London Bridge for the 10.42 which gets into Brighton at 11.42.
Think the Haywards Heath option sounds good cheers.

Absolutely this. Our son lives in Vauxhall and always travels to the Amex via HH & Lewes. If you haven't realised already, your match ticket includes free rail travel to the Amex (Falmer) from HH via either Brighton or Lewes.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm afraid everyone has been winding you up. You actually need to get a train to 'Aldrington Halt' at Brighton Station. The stadium is a five minute walk away, west along the 'Old Shoreham Road'.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Well well well, what do we have here then? Grammar Police checking in for duty.

Firstly, you should hyphenate 're arrange' to read 're-arrange'.
Secondly, you should always start a new sentence with a capital letter.

I will now have a well-earned break with a coffee and doughnut. If I detect anymore crimes in your post I will report back later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here