Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was wondering whether Usain Bolt would be worth a look? He's expressed an interest in football, and looks like he has a decent touch in his adverts. Oh and he's quick. :shrug:
I didn't realise Usane* had previously played for the Albion.
If so then he's a must, I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned already.

I see him more in the role of 'holding' midfielder.

*Yes I did do that on porpoise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did you ever go to school and learn to read. I said the decision on allowing an appeal is due within a couple of weeks IF IT WAS GRANTED allow him to train that would be in some 7 weeks time which time an appeal if it was going to be held would be on the system.

Do you not get it ? Seriously ? Whilst appealing, he remains guilty. Jesus.

It is easier to store water in a a net than get something through to you. IF AN APPEAL WAS GRANTED
If an appeal was granted he would still be guilty.

What part of this basic understanding of the law are you struggling with?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's guilty you fvckwit.
and just in case there's a mirco chance he gets a legal technicality court ruling, then:-

'He's plenty guilty enough'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you not get it ? Seriously ? Whilst appealing, he remains guilty. Jesus.

Yes I fully accept that but an appeal will only be granted if those responsible consider he has sufficient grounds to suggest a miscarriage of justice. As I have said all along if they decide no appeal then forget the whole thing. I would think that if an appeal is granted he will be very confident of being found not guilty.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ha! I find it incredulous that his name would even be mentioned. He's done nothing of note over the last few years, other than earning 50p an hour for scrubbing toilets, and suddenly he is an option to fix our goalscoring woes.

He had a decent season and not much else to boast about.
His record at Championship level is not that much better than CMS or Garner, he had 1 good season in League 1 three years ago. He isn't the answer to our striking problems regardless of how cheap he might be. It would be a no from me even if he was an innocent man. League 1 level at best.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I fully accept that but an appeal will only be granted if those responsible consider he has sufficient grounds to suggest a miscarriage of justice. As I have said all along if they decide no appeal then forget the whole thing. I would think that if an appeal is granted he will be very confident of being found not guilty.

So basically you're saying 'worth a punt' then. Bring the convicted rapist into our Community Club for training on the off chance he might be cleared in a year or two. Righto.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

But you'd allow him to use our training facilities prior to all this? You'd let a convicted rapist get himself fit at our convenience?

You make some truly bizarre suggestions. Do you ever wonder why people think that yours may be a spoof account?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So basically you're saying 'worth a punt' then. Bring the convicted rapist into our Community Club for training on the off chance he might be cleared in a year or two. Righto.

My view was that if granted an appeal would be fast tracked. Perhaps not the best idea but are we overflowing with cash and choice?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is the criteria that he should be measured by.
Wow...just wow.

Pogue is right, this is the most elaborate and longest wind up ever, just to get to this point.

wow.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Offering a conditional contract would be a PR disaster. And I say that as someone who believes that his original conviction is shakey.

Besides, he's not kicked a ball in 3 years; he's hardly likely to set the world alight if his conviction was overturned.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That is the criteria that he should be measured by.

No it's not, he's a convicted rapist and that should be the criteria he's measured against. Until such times as he is no longer a convicted rapist then I don't want him anywhere near my club. If he wasn't a convicted rapist I still wouldn't want him as he's not good enough. Please don't make it look like I am agreeing with you because I am not.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whether or not he overturns his decision, he behaved improperly. What cost would signing him have on our club? Free transfer, sure, but what about our fan base or corporate sponsors?

Find him innocent of rape, he's still an ar5e.

He is, but there are plenty of footballers plying their trade who are arses.

Absolutely not. There should be no dealing with him before any change in his status as a convicted rapist.

According to this article from the 10th of March, Ched is resigned to no playing until at least 2016/17, and even then isn't convinced he'd be able to get back into football.

I agree with this. Until his conviction is actually overturned, we shouldn't even think of him training with us. Then, he will have been out of the game for so long that I doubt he will be able to get back to the level.

It is easier to store water in a a net than get something through to you. IF AN APPEAL WAS GRANTED

I think you are missing the point. The CCRC are merely considering whether to allow an appeal. If they do, then the appeal then has to be heard. At the conclusion of that it will then be decided whether his conviction is overturned or upheld. Until then, he remains a convicted rapist.

For what it's worth, whilst I have previously stated I'm not convinced from the evidence that he should have been convicted, I still don't want to see him at the Albion, even if he wins an appeal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I fully understand what you are saying but IF an appeal is granted and successful he becomes the same and as guilty as the family man sitting next to you.
If he had an appeal and won it, then as I've said, he should be able to get a job wherever he's good enough to get one. But that is not what you said. You were talking about having him in pre-season training before any further court case, and while I feel he should be able to train, you should know that having him training with us would be a publicity disaster for our club, and therefore not possible.

As things stand, he's legally no better off than he was a few months ago. Other clubs considered letting him train with them, and they got bad publicity, and they pulled out. Why would you want our club to do the same, even while his conviction stands?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he had an appeal and won it, then as I've said, he should be able to get a job wherever he's good enough to get one. But that is not what you said. You were talking about having him in pre-season training before any further court case, and while I feel he should be able to train, you should know that having him training with us would be a publicity disaster for our club, and therefore not possible.

As things stand, he's legally no better off than he was a few months ago. Other clubs considered letting him train with them, and they got bad publicity, and they pulled out. Why would you want our club to do the same, even while his conviction stands?

Just to make this perfectly clear I was making the suggestion about training with us being subject to the CCRC granting him an appeal which if granted I would expect to be heard very quickly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just to make this perfectly clear I was making the suggestion about training with us being subject to the CCRC granting him an appeal which if granted I would expect to be heard very quickly.
Yes I know. I'm not calling you the devil or anything here. You were making the suggestion about him training with us before any appeal is heard. I'm just saying you weren't thinking, you were being silly, as you should know that our club could not do that. No decent club could.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here