Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] PFA annual accounts, Gordon Taylor £2,290,276 salary

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Saying that I don't much care for the FA. They went for the money and lost their soul and are a large part of the problem of modern football. The creation of the Premier League was hugely detrimental to the rest of English football and devalued the Football League.

And for me even worse, they have devalued the FA Cup in so many ways.

You have mentioned the FA in 3 of your posts, but Gordon Taylor is Chief Exec of the Professional Footballers Association, not the Football Association

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
£9k on private medical insurance. Wow. A family company private medical insurance is in the region of c£2.5k but of course that can vary. But £9k. That is incredible. Doesn’t pass the sniff test

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
You have mentioned the FA in 3 of your posts, but Gordon Taylor is Chief Exec of the Professional Footballers Association, not the Football Association

I was thinking exactly the same. Checking the interweb to make sure that I wasn't going completely nuts before I saw your post.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
After hearing him on talk sport with that blonde chap up the road, no way he is worth that amount of money. He couldn't even answer a single question that Prince Charming put to him! Or remember details of a case he was involved in.
Pathetic but they both are.. [emoji16]

Ex prince Charming Jordan and you're right he owned the odd speaking chap. Whenever I hear him talk he comes over as a train spotter type in an anorak, a wealthy one nonetheless. If honest I think he's a tit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The annual subscription fees of the 4500 PFA members which was about £150.00 per annum a year or so ago do not pay his and the rest of the Unions outgoings. The surplus comes from the Premier League.
Work that out.
When the kick out Homophobia in football campaigners approached him to help mount their campaign by trying to liasae with players to front it he replied that they would be open to ridicule and that he could have no truck with it.
There are few men in the game I dislike more than GT.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Seb Mk2. The sooner the old guard are cleared out the better, they are all tainted with prehistoric views of the wider world let alone their own Fiefdoms where they are virtually untouchable due to their old boys network. I hate this lot. I'm 50 by the way so it's not an ageist thing.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
£9k on private medical insurance. Wow. A family company private medical insurance is in the region of c£2.5k but of course that can vary. But £9k. That is incredible. Doesn’t pass the sniff test
That'll be the extra premium for being a fat cat.
The £40k car allowance for a year is an interesting one. I assume it includes a chauffer for some liquid lunches.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Says so much about what has happened to football once Sky got into its bloodstream. I wonder if he made a donation to Hartlepool?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The guard on the gravy train? Job under threat!

yet another guard on yet another gravy train ......whilst nurses , police and firemen , true public servants are made to work for baseline salaries , pretty disgusting really , in fact as i'm sure we'll mostly agree the money involved is actually obscene...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, presumably the members are happy with this. And if they are not they are not obliged to join the union. I'm in no position to comment on whether he is value for money. Can anyone comment?

I don't think anyone is worth that. It's not like he spends every waking hour saving other people's lives.

Still it's up to them. I just can't think what someone would spend all that money on. A year's take home pay would be enough to last many a few decades.

Still, who knows of his personal affairs. He could be a full on philanthropist.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I don't think anyone is worth that. It's not like he spends every waking hour saving other people's lives.

Still it's up to them. I just can't think what someone would spend all that money on. A year's take home pay would be enough to last many a few decades.

Still, who knows of his personal affairs. He could be a full on philanthropist.

i think he likes a flutter !

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He’s on a gravy train.

The benefits he gets are ridiculous. No idea if he does a good job but I bet his salary is higher than most CEOs of Premier League clubs....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here