Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
[MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] what exactly do you know that [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] best mate Mark Carney doesn't know, come on Charlie Big Potato :lolol:

Bank of England report February 2018

The world economy is now growing strongly. In the UK, the share of people without a job is at its lowest level for over 40 years, and businesses are finding it hard to recruit people. Our economy is probably growing about as fast as it can without overheating. And inflation is above our 2% target.

Inflation

Our job is to meet the 2% inflation target. The fall in the pound happened around 18 months ago. Its effect on inflation doesn't last forever. And in the next few months inflation is going to start to fall back gradually towards our target.

Squeeze on living standards is easing.

The share of people out of work is now at its lowest level since 1975. And there are a lot of job vacancies. This means that companies are having to compete hard with each other to recruit and retain workers. One way they do that is by offering higher wages – so we expect bigger pay rises over the next few years. We think that pay will rise faster than prices this year, easing the squeeze on living standards.

Strong World Economy.

Just like at home, the world economy had been quite weak following the financial crisis. But across Europe, in the US and many other countries the economy is now growing strongly. Stronger growth abroad will benefit the UK by increasing demand for our exports. And it should encourage companies to invest and recruit more staff to meet this extra demand.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
[MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] what exactly do you know that [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] best mate Mark Carney doesn't know, come on Charlie Big Potato :lolol:

The world economy is now growing strongly. In the UK, the share of people without a job is at its lowest level for over 40 years, and businesses are finding it hard to recruit people. Our economy is probably growing about as fast as it can without overheating. And inflation is above our 2% target.

Inflation

Our job is to meet the 2% inflation target. The fall in the pound happened around 18 months ago. Its effect on inflation doesn't last forever. And in the next few months inflation is going to start to fall back gradually towards our target.

The share of people out of work is now at its lowest level since 1975. And there are a lot of job vacancies. This means that companies are having to compete hard with each other to recruit and retain workers. One way they do that is by offering higher wages – so we expect bigger pay rises over the next few years. We think that pay will rise faster than prices this year, easing the squeeze on living standards.

Strong World Economy.

Just like at home, the world economy had been quite weak following the financial crisis. But across Europe, in the US and many other countries the economy is now growing strongly. Stronger growth abroad will benefit the UK by increasing demand for our exports. And it should encourage companies to invest and recruit more staff to meet this extra demand.

Its all lies, Carney is the anti Christ. How dare he actually be positive about the UK economy. The Remoaners all now frantically looking for more bad news to post

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Inflation

Strong World Economy.

Read these words: TRADE DEFICIT. That’s what I was talking about. Not employment. Not inflation. Not living standards. Are you drunk, thick or just doing this to deflect from your early **** up? Why are you rambling on about different topics? If you want to discuss the trade deficit please do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why did you post it ?

Because I believe this plays a huge part, probably bigger than anything else in the economy, when it comes to the current EU discussions. It’s a discussion point.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Read these words: TRADE DEFICIT. That’s what I was talking about. Not employment. Not inflation. Not living standards. Are you drunk, thick or just doing this to deflect from your early **** up? Why are you rambling on about different topics? If you want to discuss the trade deficit please do.

Clearly the current deficit isnt seen as a problem from the Bank of England, so you can say it as often as you like but I think I will take the BoE's word above yours on this one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Clearly the current deficit isnt seen as a problem from the Bank of England, so you can say it as often as you like but I think I will take the BoE's word above yours on this one.

I’ve not seen Carney’s reaction to yesterday’s trade deficit figures. As far as I can tell he hasn’t responded yet.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Inflation

Strong World Economy.

And you think this helps your argument. :laugh:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I’m sure [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] understands the difference between growth and decline though.

Why would he when he doesn't understand what a recession is ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ohhh, lad !!! Aren't you the big all me ! Still care to explain why you said we were in recession when we aren't ..... pal ?

No, maybe you won't understand. Your kids will though. Shame.

Point of order. Never said we were in a recession. Said we were heading for one. We are. Ask your kids in about three years. If they're still speaking to you :lolol::lolol::lolol:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I’ve not seen Carney’s reaction to yesterday’s trade deficit figures. As far as I can tell he hasn’t responded yet.

What !!!

You think the BoE didnt know what the deficit was likely to be ......... you can see it now, Carney and his buddies ''ok we have just announced to the world how we feel the UK economy is performing and how we might appropriately decide on how best to ensure the growth continues'' and someone pipes up ''shouldn't we run it past [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION], [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] and [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero [/MENTION] first '' :lolol::laugh:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Too many old people with geriatric, nostalgic, spacktard views of this country on this thread aka Conservative & Unionist Sussex - Fear not - there's always The Sugababes.................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What !!!

You think the BoE didnt know what the deficit was likely to be ......... you can see it now, Carney and his buddies ''ok we have just announced to the world how we feel the UK economy is performing and how we might appropriately decide on how best to ensure the growth continues'' and someone pipes up ''shouldn't we run it past [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION], [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] and [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero [/MENTION] first '' :lolol::laugh:

Why do you continually twist what has been said? For strawman purposes? I am sure he did know. My point, which you always spectacularly miss, I that I DO NOT KNOW. I’m sure that even with your simple grasp of English and low level of comprehension can understand the capitalized words? You keep blathering on about other elements of the economy when I have repeatedly been talking about the deficit over the past 24 hours. If you want to engage in a discussion about the deficit and it’s specific implications for the EU deal please do. If you are unable to I’ll leave you to someone else.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why do you continually twist what has been said? For strawman purposes? I am sure he did know. My point, which you always spectacularly miss, I that I DO NOT KNOW. I’m sure that even with your simple grasp of English and low level of comprehension can understand the capitalized words? You keep blathering on about other elements of the economy when I have repeatedly been talking about the deficit over the past 24 hours. If you want to engage in a discussion about the deficit and it’s specific implications for the EU deal please do. If you are unable to I’ll leave you to someone else.

But that is precisely the reason I have challenged you, the deficit is all you have spoken about, it is almost if you weren't even aware that the BoE had their MPC meeting, it's the most comprehensive overview of our economy, so why post a comparatively irrelevant set of data for December to try to paint a picture of a failing UK economy, be honest you hadn't a clue that BoE had these views on falling inflation, currency effect stabilisation, upgraded growth, likely wage rises that will finally outpace inflation but somehow you found a Guardian headline and thought 'yeah this'll show them', you've been found out again, dont talk to me about blathering.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Inflation

Strong World Economy.

So with 15 mins to go in the Stoke game, you were furiously typing this out and linking posters names trying to get a response

Here's one :facepalm:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So with 15 mins to go in the Stoke game, you were furiously typing this out and linking posters names trying to get a response

Here's one :facepalm:

How exactly does one 'furiously type', it was a simple cut and paste job from the BoE website, it was in response to your sneering 'the economy doing wonderfully', thought you might like some facts, if you want to post a few snide posts don't be surprised if you get called out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here