[Albion] "Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're right... it's won't! ;-)

I think I've explained my reasoning as well TBH...

As have those that believe a loan deal is the right way to go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Naylor tweet of CH quote from press conference.

Not quite clearcut, though.

"CH : At the moment I'm not anticipating anything else happening - but you never know".

A week, last Thursday, he said nothing was happening, and the following day we signed Locadia.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes, well, we pay his wages, so he should do what we want / need...

Yes we do pay his wages and yes he should do what we want/need, and we probably do want him to go out on loan to get game time.

We would also want to keep a future star happy, so if he wants it, we would want it....... unless he was going to be guaranteed more regular game time here.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You're right... it's won't! ;-)

I think I've explained my reasoning as well TBH...

The club seem to be keen on bringing in a CB who they think is as good/better than Goldson or offers something different to Duffy/Dunk/Uwe (could be younger/older) BUT is more comfortable about sitting on the bench waiting for his chance. They were hours away from agreeing that in the summer and might still sort something this window.
Thats the logic. If Goldson stays, even if Hughton plays 3-5-2, which is unlikely, then Goldson will get limited game time/chances unless there are injuries or a dramatic loss of form for D&D (most unlikely).. He's played only c30 games in 2 and a half years. Someone of his calibre, age wants to be playing 100+ games in their mid 20s , and every week.

He has said he wants this, and Hughton has said he wants this. Many times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only on the bench for tonight's game v Celta de Vigo.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The club seem to be keen on bringing in a CB who they think is as good/better than Goldson or offers something different to Duffy/Dunk/Uwe (could be younger/older) BUT is more comfortable about sitting on the bench waiting for his chance. They were hours away from agreeing that in the summer and might still sort something this window.
Thats the logic. If Goldson stays, even if Hughton plays 3-5-2, which is unlikely, then Goldson will get limited game time/chances unless there are injuries or a dramatic loss of form for D&D (most unlikely).. He's played only c30 games in 2 and a half years. Someone of his calibre, age wants to be playing 100+ games in their mid 20s , and every week.

He has said he wants this, and Hughton has said he wants this. Many times.

Why even if? Apart from that, I agree with all you say.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Edited Twitter exchange with credible Betis source - make of it what you will
Ben Hardman
‏@hardmanbs
22 minutes ago
That is an awful goal to concede. If nothing is on just get rid of it! Javi Garcia receives it under pressure, gets it nicked off him on the edge and it’s 1-0 Celta
Me:
Any truth in rumour of Camarasa to @OfficialBHAFC, Ben?
Ben Hardman‏
@hardmanbs
Yes there is truth in it I believe. Been out of favour since he signed and does look like he’ll move on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here