Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Blanked Someone Famous?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I blanked Kelly Brook once. She asked me for a lighter, so I pretended I was deaf. She then tried to get my attention through waving her boobs, so I pretended to be blind as well.

I showed her who's the boss.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Was at a charity gig in 2010 when my friend got into deep conversation with a scruffy old guy while the band was playing. Couldn't figure out why they weren't paying more attention to the music.

Turned out he was talking to one of my heroes, Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine. I was gutted I didn't join in.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I effectively blanked the whole England football team on many occasions when I worked for T Mobile. We had the phone contract with the FA which was under my control and I had an account manager who used to hand the phones out to he players at the pre match training camps. I had many opportunities to attend but always felt if I did it would be a bit too needy.

The best thing was when she got the phones back and had to clear down the texts and voicemails which were always disgusting. I also remember her rather scathing comment that "There is no way David Beckham is 5' 11" Always made me chuckle for some reason

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I effectively blanked the whole England football team on many occasions when I worked for T Mobile. We had the phone contract with the FA which was under my control and I had an account manager who used to hand the phones out to he players at the pre match training camps. I had many opportunities to attend but always felt if I did it would be a bit too needy.

The best thing was when she got the phones back and had to clear down the texts and voicemails which were always disgusting. I also remember her rather scathing comment that "There is no way David Beckham is 5' 11" Always made me chuckle for some reason
Id like to request more info on the contents of the texts please

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Max Clifford about 5 years ago. We didn't know about his sex pestery at that time but he used to breakfast in a cafe I sometimes ate in. Incredibly rude, incredibly arrogant and out of turn to my elderly Father. Everyone in the cafe blanked him. Then one day he vanished.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At my son's school a couple of years ago the end of year sports awards were being given by Johnny Williams who was an ex pupil and was at Palace at the time.
His football team had won the league so were invited up on stage to collect the trophy. The Captain was given the trophy and every other member of the team walked passed Johnny Williams to shake his hand - except my son who completely blanked him and walked passed without shaking his hand! So proud of him!

Proud? What a rude little boy you have raised. Nothing to be proud of at all.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When I was a student I worked at Woolworths on London Road at the weekends.
One Saturday afternoon whilst sweeping the basement floor I was asked for some information about the TVs by a young woman and I told her to go find a sales person.
She kept talking to me whilst I swept and eventually asked if I knew who she was, she looked a bit miffed when I said no and she then introduced herself as Jane Warner, page 3 girl.
I stopped sweeping, looked her up and down and told her that she looked shorter with her clothes on.
She gave me a frown and walk off.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I once worked for a furniture making company and one of the directors had a sister who was the manager of Bucks Fizz.
They were making a TV commercial for the business and the band members were to feature in it in exchange for furniture of their choice.
I didn't know that they were coming to the factory and was busy when they showed up.
One of the girls, Jay Ashton I found out later, kept on pestering me for things and then she asked me for a postage stamp and was less than impressed when I suggested that she should go buy one.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Shared a lift at work with reactionary old wind-bag David Starkey and suddenly found my shoes very interesting. Gave Jeremy Clarkson a very wide berth when he cam to film at my work; good job as apparently he was obnoxious. Glared at Graham Kelly on Liverpool St concourse around 1997.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Anthony Knockaert and Jiri Skalak and their families in Wagamama in Brighton.

Decided to let them get on with their meal in peace instead of awkwardly asking for an autograph.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I met a mate at a pharmacology meeting who was chatting to an old red faced bloke with white hair. I barged in, as you do, and we had a good 15 minute rant about the iniquities of research, and the dunderheaded cockwombles who pass for luminaries, with me barely giving old bloke a second glance. Eventually my mate said 'oh, perhaps I should intoduce you; this is Jim Black'. That's Professor Sir James Black, inventor of propranolol and cimetidine and winner of the Nobel Prize for medicine, to you. :facepalm::lolol:

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Paul McCartney whilst I was jogging around wish park. Only realised who it was when I went past him again.

Super hans (matt king) many times when I lived on his road. Didn't watch peep show back then.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hugh Grant on a train from London to Brighton. He was sat opposite me. I couldn't think of one thing to say so said nothing.

As a youth I was in a special education unit for various reasons. We attended some charity thing where Emu and Rod Hull were appearing. Also there was the then national treasure Jimmy Saville. Our class was split into two groups, one going with Rod Hull and one going with Saville for some activity or other. I was put in the Saville group but kicked up a fuss because I thought he was a creepy man, plus I loved Emu as a kid. I was moved to the other group. Thank god.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here