Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I understand there has been an over-reaction to some things Trump has said or done by the left. But it seems like many on the right aren't coming out in support of Trump's behavior more than simply taunting the "cry babies" on the left. "We won, deal with it". "Obama did this" it's all deflecting away from the point that an obnoxious, egotistical, billionaire is in an extremely powerful position.

Forget Obama and his shortcomings, what Trump is doing right now is severely pissing off a huge percentage of the country. He's creating divisions intentionally and the appointment and rise of Steve Bannon should be equally bloody scary to the right and left alike IMO.

Change to the status quo doesn't sit easily with a lot of people now. They revel in comfort and passivity. They like the perceived security of Big Brother. They are not comfortable with any insecurity to their lives. This has all changed since the 60's and 70's when youth wanted nothing but change. They tried to rip up the old order. They could see the vested interest, the agenda and the inequality. It was a time of revolution, of strikes and protests, of fighting and civil strife.
But the Establishment didn't take it lying down. They gradually, quietly and cleverly went about their business of changing the mindset of a whole swathe of our population. It took about 25-30 years but time wasn't an issue. The only thing that mattered was regaining mental control. Job done. A generally passive youth population, immersed in their own social media driven world, brainwashed to believe that Big Brother knows best and unable to see the bigger picture. Not all but a great many.
The youth of the 60's and 70's saw their efforts come to nothing. Saw the political elite, the banks and the big corporations taking advantage, taking liberties, rubbing our noses in it, exploiting and corrupting. No lessons being learnt. Just a maintenance and strengthening of the status quo. The gap widened and years of resentment festered until, finally, it boiled over and resulted in Brexit and Trump.
Tinkering around the edges isn't going to fix what is wrong. Asking a politician to make big changes is like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas. It needs massively unpopular action and a thick skin. A leader should only be concerned about what is best for his country and its people and have their best interest at heart. Trump may be many things but he is a patriot and is not crooked. This outrage has to subside and let the man get on with the job he was elected to do and prove that dramatic change was necessary.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Definitely not a Galloway fan but he makes a valid point.

"Mr Galloway who was an MP for the Labour and later the Respect Party, said on Twitter: “Obama deported more folks than ALL US presidents put together. If you were with Obama you’ve no moral standing."

The former politician is one of the few people to come out in defence of Donald Trump in the wake of his immigration ban, which has leaders across the world criticise him.

In a furious rant, he also said: “Bill and Hillary Clinton and Obama until LAST WEEK murdered a million Muslims. Trump imposed a travel ban. And HE is the No1 villain?”

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not always. Trump got two or three million fewer votes than Clinton but still won so actually the majority didn't win because of an electoral system set the way it is.

1 in 7 people in this country voted for UKIP but got one seat as opposed to the 50 odd the SNP got for their handful of votes .

I do hope you're lobbying hard to put this travesty of democracy right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Definitely not a Galloway fan but he makes a valid point.

"Mr Galloway who was an MP for the Labour and later the Respect Party, said on Twitter: “Obama deported more folks than ALL US presidents put together. If you were with Obama you’ve no moral standing."

The former politician is one of the few people to come out in defence of Donald Trump in the wake of his immigration ban, which has leaders across the world criticise him.

In a furious rant, he also said: “Bill and Hillary Clinton and Obama until LAST WEEK murdered a million Muslims. Trump imposed a travel ban. And HE is the No1 villain?”

FACTS that will fall on deaf ears unfortunately.

Hating Trump is the fash , the new cool it would seem.

So Obama bombed thousands of Muslims, who cares as he's a cool dude .

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Change to the status quo doesn't sit easily with a lot of people now. They revel in comfort and passivity. They like the perceived security of Big Brother. They are not comfortable with any insecurity to their lives. This has all changed since the 60's and 70's when youth wanted nothing but change. They tried to rip up the old order. They could see the vested interest, the agenda and the inequality. It was a time of revolution, of strikes and protests, of fighting and civil strife.
But the Establishment didn't take it lying down. They gradually, quietly and cleverly went about their business of changing the mindset of a whole swathe of our population. It took about 25-30 years but time wasn't an issue. The only thing that mattered was regaining mental control. Job done. A generally passive youth population, immersed in their own social media driven world, brainwashed to believe that Big Brother knows best and unable to see the bigger picture. Not all but a great many.
The youth of the 60's and 70's saw their efforts come to nothing. Saw the political elite, the banks and the big corporations taking advantage, taking liberties, rubbing our noses in it, exploiting and corrupting. No lessons being learnt. Just a maintenance and strengthening of the status quo. The gap widened and years of resentment festered until, finally, it boiled over and resulted in Brexit and Trump.
Tinkering around the edges isn't going to fix what is wrong. Asking a politician to make big changes is like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas. It needs massively unpopular action and a thick skin. A leader should only be concerned about what is best for his country and its people and have their best interest at heart. Trump may be many things but he is a patriot and is not crooked. This outrage has to subside and let the man get on with the job he was elected to do and prove that dramatic change was necessary.

Can you explain why the ban did not apply to the Muslim countries in which he had business interests some of which did have a history of exporting terrorism to the US? Instead he chose those which would have the least impact on his business interests so that he could show that he was taking action against Muslims. If he really cared about US saving US lives he would look at gun control but he is so up the axxxx of the Pro-Death movement that if anything it is likely to be relaxed. I agree with your points about the self-serving status quo but Trump is very mushc part of the reason for the inequality.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we are going to have to merge all the various Trump postings in to one a bit like Brexit Name Calling. Having sacked the Attorney General overnight one wonders what is coming next ..

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
1 in 7 people in this country voted for UKIP but got one seat as opposed to the 50 odd the SNP got for their handful of votes .

I do hope you're lobbying hard to put this travesty of democracy right

More assumptions that I love this system. We had a referendum on changing our system but it was rejected by a huge majority. Led by the lib dems and was part of the coalition agreement with the Tories who were against it. Or are you assuming who I support because I don't like trump?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
FACTS that will fall on deaf ears unfortunately.

Hating Trump is the fash , the new cool it would seem.

So Obama bombed thousands of Muslims, who cares as he's a cool dude .

I think that Obama's body count is not that bad when compared to George Dubya's.?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I understand there has been an over-reaction to some things Trump has said or done by the left. But it seems like many on the right aren't coming out in support of Trump's behavior more than simply taunting the "cry babies" on the left. "We won, deal with it". "Obama did this" it's all deflecting away from the point that an obnoxious, egotistical, billionaire is in an extremely powerful position.

Forget Obama and his shortcomings, what Trump is doing right now is severely pissing off a huge percentage of the country. He's creating divisions intentionally and the appointment and rise of Steve Bannon should be equally bloody scary to the right and left alike IMO.

you are nudging the bare bones of matter here which are that the world is being run by multi -billionaire , egotistical , self serving goons whose sole purpose is to get richer and keep the vast majority of the planet where they want them , on the poverty line.........top end robotics and technologies will render a huge number of occupations obsolete obsolete within the next 50 yrs.....driverless cars and trains , food grown in remote controlled warehouses without ever seeing real sunlight or fresh air , a ballooning population..........sure the earth is a big place but a six billion population surge inside the last 500 years is proper scary , the real surge has been since the development of penicillin less than 250 yrs ago .......i'm sorry but i just don't see things in general getting any better at all for quite some time.......the top end of town has got everyone just where they want them and people like Trump , Assad, Netenyahu , Hussein , Bin Laden and ISIS create a perfect diversion for the rich to get richer and the poor to get shafted.....imho.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can you explain why the ban did not apply to the Muslim countries in which he had business interests some of which did have a history of exporting terrorism to the US? Instead he chose those which would have the least impact on his business interests so that he could show that he was taking action against Muslims. If he really cared about US saving US lives he would look at gun control but he is so up the axxxx of the Pro-Death movement that if anything it is likely to be relaxed. I agree with your points about the self-serving status quo but Trump is very mushc part of the reason for the inequality.

No one can defend this but you will be called names for this observation. Debate is impossible on this like it is with Brexit because people will refuse to budge their position. Trump could line people up and shoot them and still people would defend him for fear of getting a "I told you so" on Internet forum.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

All of this theory is fine. Change is needed. A rethink. Throw out the rulebook. Drain the swamp!

But Steve Bannon and Donald Trump?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
you are nudging the bare bones of matter here which are that the world is being run by multi -billionaire , egotistical , self serving goons whose sole purpose is to get richer and keep the vast majority of the planet where they want them , on the poverty line.........top end robotics and technologies will render a huge number of occupations obsolete obsolete within the next 50 yrs.....driverless cars and trains , food grown in remote controlled warehouses without ever seeing real sunlight or fresh air , a ballooning population..........sure the earth is a big place but a six billion population surge inside the last 500 years is proper scary , the real surge has been since the development of penicillin less than 250 yrs ago .......i'm sorry but i just don't see things in general getting any better at all for quite some time.......the top end of town has got everyone just where they want them and people like Trump , Assad, Netenyahu , Hussein , Bin Laden and ISIS create a perfect diversion for the rich to get richer and the poor to get shafted.....imho.
Can't argue against any of this, would add that automated supermarkets will really kill the job market. When the big supermarkets go to this it will cost millions of Minimum Wage jobs..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really do think if he suggested camps for Muslims to be interned into a large chunk the US population would back him. Scary times.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why?

An extract from https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/27/never-mind-the-optics-theresa-mays-us-dash-was-mortifying?CMP=share_btn_tw

Tariffs between the US and the UK are already low, so it is the dropping of a different kind of barrier that Trump would be after. That could be a softening of the food standards that have kept out hormone-injected US beef. Or granting access to the NHS to overcharging US drug companies. Or a relaxation in environmental or labour rules that, set with our onetime EU partners, proved too onerous for US firms until now.

When Trump demands all that, May – needing a deal, any deal, to prove that Brexit is not a disaster – will struggle to say no. And what would be gained? One study, released on Friday, estimated that leaving the single market would bring a loss in UK trade of up to 30% – while a new deal with the US might boost it by a meagre 2%. It was a reminder that while the US might be a bigger market for British exports than any other single country, it is dwarfed by the European continent on our doorstep.
Absolutely this. You really have outlined the very likely scenario to occur.May is gonna bend over for Trump and we are gonna really suffer. As you say, to prove Brexit is not a failure.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Are you 100% sure he is not crooked? During the election, I saw several interviews with people who'd done business with him in the past. I'm not totally convinced, he is completely on the straight and narrow.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can you explain why the ban did not apply to the Muslim countries in which he had business interests some of which did have a history of exporting terrorism to the US? Instead he chose those which would have the least impact on his business interests so that he could show that he was taking action against Muslims.

I dont think this is correct
He didnt choose the countries at all, they were already identified previously under the Obama administration..
The executive order doesnt name them it just references them with regard to previous Obama legislation on immigration.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I really do think if he suggested camps for Muslims to be interned into a large chunk the US population would back him. Scary times.

You can't give yourself a made up extreme question and then answer it as if it is likely to happen and then get scared ...... FFS.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here