Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Reading Station Eleven after recommendations on this thread. Post apocalypse fare is always a winner with me and this is a particularly good one

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Currently staying in an old beach cafe in Cornwall owned by Jim shekdar, the first person to row the pacific ocean unaided. It's quite a story and he's quite a character.

There was a Man Booker Prize book this year about a chap who buys an old Cornish cottage overlooking the sea and his subsequent dealings with the locals who see him as a grockle.. It's quite a dark tale but very descriptive especially of the weather which always seemed to be appalling. It's called The Many and by Wen Menmuir.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've done quite a bit of reading recently having read Nicholas Mosley, Muriel Spark, Hubert Selby jr, Walter Tevis amongst others and the last book I read was Confessions of a Mask by Yukio Mishima who coincidentally committed seppuku on this day in 1970. It's a beautifully written book albeit a little messed up and undoubtedly roman-à-clef.

I'm now re-reading Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar for the first time in something like 20 years and thoroughly enjoying it. She wrote with such clarity that it's impossible to get bogged down in the story.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Reading Station Eleven after recommendations on this thread. Post apocalypse fare is always a winner with me and this is a particularly good one

I enjoyed that.

Have you read End of the World Running Club?

Post apocalyptic easy read.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just taken delivery of THIS little beauty - currently available half price from local publishers HERE:

http://queensparkbooks.org.uk/books-projects/brighton-graphic-novel-book/

book_grahicbrighton.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm reading 'Half a King' by Joe Abercrombie. Compared to some of his other books it seems a little light so far, but I guess that's part of being a standalone book when compared to a series.

Prior to this I was re-reading the 'Night Angel' trilogy, by Brent Weeks, for the hundredth or so time.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My 100th and final Lance Armstrong related book: The Secret Race by Tyler Hamilton.

Before that 'The Humans' by Brighton's very own Matt Haig, a brilliantly amusing fantastical novel for all ages about us and the meaning of life. Matt Haig really does write some fantastic stuff, most of it for kids, but all good.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Crisis of conscience- Raymond franz

Former governing body member of the jehovahs witnesses
Totally blows this cult out of the water

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here