Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**********Thee Unofficial Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Match day Thread**********

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We didn't play that bad and we had out moments to snatch it. Knockeart over hitting his first 2 free kicks kind of set the tone. Coming back from being one down is always a good sign. After all said and done both sides only managed 2 on target so we certainly defended well under pressure.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We didn't play that bad and we had out moments to snatch it. Knockeart over hitting his first 2 free kicks kind of set the tone. Coming back from being one down is always a good sign. After all said and done both sides only managed 2 on target so we certainly defended well under pressure.
Worse performance of the season....But happy with a point :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Villa pressing us and an off night. Pleased with a draw.
This. They did a great tactical job on us, so I'm happy with the point. Stephens probably hasn't looked as anonymous as that for us more than three times ever. He had no space and played far too deep. I also think Hughton should have taken off Knocky after an hour. He had a real off night.

Positives for me were Dunk and Skalak, who gets stronger every game.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Usual substitutions - striker off, winger on, winger off, defensive midfielder on. Wouldn't think we were at home and second in the league! Should of shown attacking intent, not bring on pressure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted Hughton to take Skalak off and put Murphy on to run at Hutton, but I thought he had to bring on Norwood, as we were being overrun in midfield.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
CH 'surprised and disappointed' by CCs departure. Appeared to be a bit shocked. Deal done. Knowing CH he will fight back and hopefully we can celebrate promotion at Villa Park.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Soft goal to concede, pretty good goal to score, not a great performance, 1 point, we move onwards and hopefully upwards (or stay in the same position, I really don't care too much).

UTA! :albion2:.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As well as some players not lively enough, they pressed all the time. We're not keen on that sort of thing, I smell Colin.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Usual substitutions - striker off, winger on, winger off, defensive midfielder on. Wouldn't think we were at home and second in the league! Should of shown attacking intent, not bring on pressure..

Wrong.

We were being swamped in the middle of the park. The best way to take any form of control was to challenge that with equal number- especially with Grealish playing so effectively in the number ten role.

The fact is we just didn't get it together. Adding attacking options would not have addressed the problem.

Dec 29, 2011
If the club have given CC compassionate leave recently and been supportive I expect we are 'extremely disappointed ' that he hasn't shown some loyalty to us.

That being said, sometimes the death of a close one is what it takes to make someone realise life is too short to live 200 miles away from your relatives and home.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I was but this was worse as we created very little....defo a poor poor performance.
Looked twitchy right from kick off and you could see it was goner be one of those games:)

I didn't think we were that bad, Villa were as good as any team we've seen at the AMEX this season but neither side deserved to win. Happy with the point tbh.

Looks like Bruce has already turned Villa into that Hull side he took up a few times, defensively strong, set pieces, nothing too exciting but effective, probably nailed on for play offs.

Today apart from the lovely goal and Murphy's late dig we couldn't really get it going, too many direct long balls that played into Villa's hands. Its probably great that it's taken this long to miss Kayal's ability to pass through the midfield. At least we defended OK most of the time.

A bit flat but a decent point in the context of Villa strengthening. Would have liked to see Murphy been given longer but otherwise not too much Hughton could have done.

Dec 29, 2011
Looks like Bruce has already turned Villa into that Hull side he took up a few times, defensively strong, set pieces, nothing too exciting but effective, probably nailed on for play offs.

Today apart from the lovely goal and Murphy's late dig we couldn't really get it going, too many direct long balls that played into Villa's hands. Its probably great that it's taken this long to miss Kayal's ability to pass through the midfield. At least we defended OK most of the time.

A bit flat but a decent point in the context of Villa strengthening. Would have liked to see Murphy been given longer but otherwise not too much Hughton could have done.
Agree with that. I think the manager is 10x more important than the team in this league, moreso than any other league I can think of.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Worse performance of the season....But happy with a point :)

I am always happy with at least a point tbh. If we don't get it right offensively we have to rely on a good display defensively. Not a great performance in one sense but solid in another. Villa are a good side but we didn't give them much for their efforts apart from the goal when Stockdale was off balance.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

We've being coming out of the traps a bit slowly after international breaks.

#GlassHalfFull

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here