Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hooray Portsmouth lost at home

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why? They have been though similar crap to us and now are a sort of fan owned club. Good luck to them (apart from the bell ringer).

I suggest you have a chat with [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION]

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Does this mean we can have Portsmouth as our arch-enemies now, and stop the silly media-generated-in-the-1970s feud with Palace?
Baffling. The "media" could hardly have anything less to do with us and Palace. All they do is consistently say that they don't understand it despite the fact that it is quite obvious why we should be rivalrous (at least from our point of view, as Palace are our nearest opposing club and have consistently made a decent job of being our rivals).

Portsmouth have Southampton and would be a rubbish team for us to have as "arch-enemies".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Always thought of portsmouth as our main rivals to be honest, and palace just as annoying goons.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Always thought of portsmouth as our main rivals to be honest, and palace just as annoying goons.

I've always hated P*rtsm**th more, but really they can't be rivals as they also wear blue. Club colours are worn by fans to show allegiances and which side of a rivalry you're on (Celtic/Rangers, Everton/Liverpool, Arsenal/Spurs, #twats/Southampton), the exceptions, such as Liverpool/Manchester United, being rare.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Baffling. The "media" could hardly have anything less to do with us and Palace. All they do is consistently say that they don't understand it despite the fact that it is quite obvious why we should be rivalrous (at least from our point of view, as Palace are our nearest opposing club and have consistently made a decent job of being our rivals).

Portsmouth have Southampton and would be a rubbish team for us to have as "arch-enemies".
Only baffling if you don't know your history. Start checking around 1978 - 1979 ish. Back copies of The S*n would be a good starting point for references.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
#twats

1apompey.jpg

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I do feel that people are being a bit unkind about a lower league club just along the coast from us. After all, Southwick, Littlehampton and Bognor are also lower league south coast clubs and they don't get mocked in the same way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You wouldn't think like that if you lived in the east of the county. Portsmouth simply don't register here. I know zero fans of their little battling team. However there are a disappointing number of palace.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
I've always hated P*rtsm**th more, but really they can't be rivals as they also wear blue. Club colours are worn by fans to show allegiances and which side of a rivalry you're on (Celtic/Rangers, Everton/Liverpool, Arsenal/Spurs, #twats/Southampton), the exceptions, such as Liverpool/Manchester United, being rare.

Maybe the real rivalry will emerge when Whitehawk, seemingly invevitably, climb the leagues. I noticed that Dick Knight was at yesterdays game against Weston-super-Mare for the second home game in succession. I also noticed Attila beer in hand alongside the Whitehawk "ultras". Ten man Whitehawk won 2-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here