Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At least Sussex have got the Olympic and decided to win for a change !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What gets me about Trott is she looks a bit of wimp compared to some of the other women cyclists but boy does she pack a punch

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
What gets me about Trott is she looks a bit of wimp compared to some of the other women cyclists but boy does she pack a punch

Yeah I've been thinking the same, some of the thighs on her competitors are huge in comparison... Trott just seems to have this 'core power' the others can't match; less weight to haul round as well I suppose :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I noted a few days ago that Team GB's opposition have all bulked up, where, if anything, GB have got even more 'slender'.
Had the Dutch girl, that won the Kierin, been English she looked like she would have been sent down to Grobler and told to get in a boat (where she still would have won gold!)

The science is all about wind resistance v power.
Everybody else favouring power whereas we're minimizing the resistance.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Couldn't help having a quiet chuckle at the French pole vault world record holder and reigning Olympic champion losing his crown to the Brazilian challenger... :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
10 km Open Water Swim

3 words:-

Bollox to that. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Antibiotics and extra toilet paper and buckets at the ready........
Naturally as a tubby middle aged man, lying on the sofa drinking my tea, there's yet to be an event I couldn't medal in, until now...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Couldn't help having a quiet chuckle at the French pole vault world record holder and reigning Olympic champion losing his crown to the Brazilian challenger... :bowdown:
Did he drown in the monsoon?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Antibiotics and extra toilet paper and buckets at the ready........

I remember reading during the Beijing Olympics that the British 10k swimmer David Davies would neck a whole litre bottle of Coca-Cola at the end of the race to try to help prevent full scale dysentery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
10 km Open Water Swim

3 words:-

Bollox to that. :lol:

All sorts of problems with yellow cards being handed out willy nilly.

Great Britain's Jack Burnell was furious after being disqualified from the men's 10km open water swim, which was won by Dutchman Ferry Weertman.

There was plenty of confusion after a dramatic finish, with Greece's Spiros Gianniotis initially given the win before being downgraded to silver.

Burnell was given third and then fifth before being disqualified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36689788

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here