Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A perfect home record.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Whilst our home record thus far is pretty damn impressive – spare a thought as to the four games in which we dropped points:

Rochdale – played for a good portion of the game with 10 men. Conceded a dubious penalty and gifted them a last second equaliser.

Bournemouth – conceded a very dubious penalty in the last seconds.

Charlton – played almost all of the game with 10 men and nearly snatched a winner in the last minute (Kish attack)

Rovers – conceded in the last seconds.

Now I know its all about ifs and buts and quite frankly these dropped points are of absolute no consequence now but just how close were we to a complete and perfect home record?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now I know its all about ifs and buts and quite frankly these dropped points are of absolute no consequence now but just how close were we to a complete and perfect home record?
On the other hand, we were lucky to beat Carlisle and Oldham with last minute winners, and there were probably others.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just remember that 92nd minute Carlisle equaliser going in, and the miserable bastard behind me going "no no no NO Albion, you CANNOT keep throwing these points away at home...." :facepalm:

I turned round and had a go at him on Tuesday when he started bitching about the Dagenham goals, finally it shut him up. Wish I'd done that 6 or 7 months ago now.

If he's anywhere near me at the Amex I shall not be held responsible for my actions.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
On the other hand, we were lucky to beat Carlisle and Oldham with last minute winners, and there were probably others.

quite but the point I am making in that each of the games we were only just pegged back and with Charlton Kish had an excellent chance to win the game with seconds left. In other words not one team has beaten us without there being reasonable debate post game.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I just remember that 92nd minute Carlisle equaliser going in, and the miserable bastard behind me going "no no no NO Albion, you CANNOT keep throwing these points away at home...." :facepalm:

I turned round and had a go at him on Tuesday when he started bitching about the Dagenham goals, finally it shut him up. Wish I'd done that 6 or 7 months ago now.

If he's anywhere near me at the Amex I shall not be held responsible for my actions.

theres alot of fans like that!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
quite but the point I am making in that each of the games we were only just pegged back and with Charlton Kish had an excellent chance to win the game with seconds left. In other words not one team has beaten us without there being reasonable debate post game.

Well....not one team has beaten us full stop.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It is a pretty amazing record after the last couple of seasons where we could hardly muster a home win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here