Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 0 (Rock bottom)

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'm reading people are quite happy to be where we are but not how we are playing , so in reality the only way to change this is to change the manager , because he certainly won't change our style in this league , Madness , get a grip .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm reading people are quite happy to be where we are but not how we are playing , so in reality the only way to change this is to change the manager , because he certainly won't change our style in this league , Madness , get a grip .

Is there not a squad of players who have an impact on how we play? :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pretty low at the moment.

Saturday we had two teams in the "best league in the universe" playing like utter shit for 90-odd minutes backed up with a truly astonishing refereeing performance (not including the red as I'm still undecided on that)

I don't know. It felt like watching two bang average Championship teams at times. Hoofball all over the shop, misplaced passes, piss poor communication at the back (was it three times Ryan had something comfortably only for one of ours to get in the way).

Even before the Cardiff game we've been pretty dire, needing last gasp penalties to snatch points. Like others I think the last game I enjoyed was the United game.

Precisely, just because it’s PL doesn’t mean it’s best football in the world. Or even country. Far too many fans equate status and success with entertainment which clearly we are not currently. You only need listen to the pundits and other club supporters to know we are stinking out the league. And if you’ve still got your Rose tints on, then take a look at the stats in recent games. Anyone still arguing it’s great stuff after that needs sectioning. Or help me paint outside of my house because takes an age to dry in this weather

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
9 for most of last season... 8 at the start of this... sliding down to 6 now... if Palace is not a great game and a win... it will probably slide further.. or vice versa.

I am not proud of myself for feeling like this, after 46 years as an Albion fan, but recent games have brought little joy.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm feeling more gutted about that loss than I did vs Boro away in 2016. I know there was infinitely more riding on the Boro game, but it felt more sickening to let one in so late on Saturday. It was there on a plate for us, pre-Stephens.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If your boss tells you to do something , do you then do what you want and hope he doesn't notice ?

If your boss tells you to always pass it to your own players, to take on your man, to always set up and score goals, are you always able to do it?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
About a 3. Due to the football and a few club decisions which have left me a tad miffed. Put in simple terms, I’m just not sure I’m getting enough value from watching the club play at the moment, yet prices are going up and the football is getting worse. If the product was anything other than support of my football club, I’d be cancelling my membership.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Precisely, just because it’s PL doesn’t mean it’s best football in the world. Or even country. Far too many fans equate status and success with entertainment which clearly we are not currently. You only need listen to the pundits and other club supporters to know we are stinking out the league. And if you’ve still got your Rose tints on, then take a look at the stats in recent games. Anyone still arguing it’s great stuff after that needs sectioning. Or help me paint outside of my house because takes an age to dry in this weather
Stinking out stadia week in, week out whilst amassing 32% possession and 1 shot on target per game is shit whichever way you look at it. Our recent 3 game winning streak papered over the big cracks. Yes, it was great to win those 3 games but we were Klingons in each of them and incredibly we held on.

Man Utd and Liverpool away show that we aren't as bad as we currently look. What has changed? Groß and Pröpper will be the excuse but where are the new recruits? If they aren't up to it bring in a few of the under 23s or whatever they're called this season.

Palace are going to rip us a new one-with or without Mr Tumble.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Disappointed with myself for only giving a 4.
To be honest, apart from a couple of the games been disappointed with our play this season. Some poor passing, losing ball to easily etc..
Was really hoping the new boys would make a big difference but they haven't really yet.
Having my mojo at a low point at present am relying on CH to inspire the team to better things.
Hopefully my mojo will then riser nearer the 10 mark.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stinking out stadia week in, week out whilst amassing 32% possession and 1 shot on target per game is shit whichever way you look at it. Our recent 3 game winning streak papered over the big cracks. Yes, it was great to win those 3 games but we were Klingons in each of them and incredibly we held on.

Man Utd and Liverpool away show that we aren't as bad as we currently look. What has changed? Groß and Pröpper will be the excuse but where are the new recruits? If they aren't up to it bring in a few of the under 23s or whatever they're called this season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Completely agree, although Hughton is like Dowding in 1940, stubbornly not allowing our hungry young hopefuls a go at the enemy when the regulars are crying out for some fresh legs. Unleash the Poles, Czechs etc I say!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

8/10 for me.. disappointed with some performances but not surprised , delighted with being 12th on the basis that I think staying up again will be a success. People loved the Man Utd game this season - often quoted as a performance that we need to repeat as if its something we have chosen not to do. Man Utd were awful that day - and have shown to be a side struggling on lots of fronts. The fact that we scored 3 goals, literally nothing to do with how we set up or approached the game. The defending they offered, their slow play, lack of confidence etc. etc. all far more influential than how we decided to play.. we were able to make the most of their poor performance. But reality is that we need teams to be off their game to dominate and attack in the way some suggest - and we will.
The comparisons with Bournemouth, Palace and Fulham are more interesting for me. I also watch Palace with some admiration but unless anything changes, they will be relegated without Zaha available and scoring and their recent links with Welbeck look a bit dodgy with his probably long-term injury. They would probably love a couple of horrible 1-0 wins that we got vs. West Ham and Newcastle. Fulham will also be relegated unless they play more like we do. Bournemouth set up pretty similar to us - the defend as a team but they are better at breaking with pace than us. No disgrace in that. Wolves are currently lauded and rightly so, but are two points better off than us with a very strong side with a very unusual, unique recruitment strategy not available to us. How acceptable survival is to people of course will differ, but I would rather stay up for the next couple of seasons and have a go at building something different, with the opportunity to attract players we could only dream would play for us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very bored with the style of football being played and although I watch every game I have only felt entertained in the United and Fulham games.

Really disappointed that the new players haven’t improved what we had already, didn’t see that coming.

Disgruntled but accepting sums it up for me.

Spotus. Onus!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
9/10

We have a superb chairman, a manager whose dignity and level headedness is a credit to his profession and a squad of hard working players who are operating at the extent of their experience and ability.

Interesting how quickly a dreary defeat fades from memory. Already I am thinking about (finding out what) the next game (is) :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting how quickly a dreary defeat fades from memory. Already I am thinking about (finding out what) the next game (is) :lolol:

Not these days but in the dark days I’d come out of a lacklustre defeat at Gillingham swearing I wasn’t going anymore. Two weeks later, where was I? :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Knowing our luck they probably will but so far this season they've failed to beat Saints, Watford, Newcastle, Wolves, Bournemouth as well as Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs mostly with Mr Tumble.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knowing our luck they probably will but so far this season they've failed to beat Saints, Watford, Newcastle, Wolves, Bournemouth as well as Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs mostly with Mr Tumble.

Luck may be just what WE need given how we defend for most of the game against everyone. We’ve had plenty of it this season, let’s hope it continues.

From what I’ve seen of Palace this season they may not be getting results but they look a much better side than us they are just missing a striker in form. Everytime I’ve seen them they have made a game of it and looked a decent side. I fully expect them to beat us with or without Zaha especially if we continue playing at home like the away side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here