Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] M.O.T.M.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loved the way McManaman decided that Bissouma’s head was down after making the mistake for the goal. I thought he just looked pissed off and even more determined to put in a good shift, which he did. Maybe McMananman was just remembering how he played after he’d made a mistake :smile:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I managed to watch it from start to finish without being offended once. No bias or racism as far as I could tell. Commentary seemed fine. Think some people need to lighten up a bit.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This was Liverpool v Brighton, so only one team to mention in the commentary and MOTM would be any player in red. Doesn't matter which one.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Steve McManaman said, and I quote as close as I recall, "Man of the Match to Milner over Duffy as Liverpool are winning, and he speaks English and we can interview him afterwards"
Forget the pint pot being thrown at the TV for such biased commentating but is that not racist?
A similar comment was made when we took a free kick.

Regarding the free kick, he was spot on. Bong was translating Bissouma's comments to March and vice versa.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
McManaman is a bin dipping victim **** who I would rather shove wasps up my arse than listen to the opinion of.

Scousers are not far behind kiddy fiddlers as people I have zero respect for.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Steve McManaman was a great player.

But so were Glenn Hoddle, Mark Lawrenson, Michael Owen, Paul Scholes, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Danny Murphy and Martin Keown.

They are terrible commentators and/or analysts too.

Why do television companies think because a guy was a great footballer, they having anything cogent to say in front of a microphone?

The list of top players who become great tv performers is very very short. Gary Lineker, Gary Neville and Roy Keane (and I realise I'm probably in a very small club enjoying Keane!)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The stream I was watching, the USA were only interested in Liverpool and have never heard of a place called Brighton. They were even confused that we have 2 teams in Brighton and the Hove Albion club as well.
Is this a joke?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here