Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP Horsham FC GET A NEW GROUND

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Hi all,

I appreciate that this won't affect a lot of people on here but I do know there are a fair number of Albion fans based in our little corner of Sussex. As some of you will know we at HFC have been homeless for 6 years now and may finally have found somewhere to build a new ground and call home. The plan is to build on part of a local golf course on the edge of town with a 3G pitch and a smaller 3G training pitch which will be hired out to for use by the local community. At the same time part of the Holbrook club that the club owns will be sold off for housing to raise money to build the new ground and at the same time securing the future of the Holbrook Club. Whilst their are understandably concerns from some residents local to the affected areas this is an opportunity to secure sports facilities in Horsham and give us a new home.

Anyway, there are a couple of online petitions set up, one in support of the new ground and one against. Obviously this will affect people in Horsham, some more than others and I believe everyone deserves to have their opinions heard. Any support from people here would be gratefully received. In the interest of fairness I have attached the links below to both petitions so people can make up their own minds. Unfortunately I don't have a link currently to something the lays out the detailed plans.

Thanks for reading this.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/head-of-planning-home-for-horsham-fc

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-the-rural-gap-between-southwater-and-horsham

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Done, come on NSC, we alone can push this over the number they need

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Horsham were a great little team once upon a time with a healthy support but rank bad management. They over paid their players and ran up huge debts (for a small club) only themselves to blame.

Having been brought up in Horsham and knowing the full circumstances not sure I'm willing to support, sorry.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
[MENTION=3550]hornet[/MENTION] as [MENTION=12901]CheeseRolls[/MENTION] has said you have also posted the link to the anti petition

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Already signed this, and i would urge BHA fans to sign in favour if possible. I grew up watching the Hornets and BHA as a kid, dad was ons the 'committee' there in the 70's, used to write the program and i used to sell it at the entrance to the old Queen Street ground. Always been a great little club, with some fantastic people involved behind the scenes. Great memories of winning the SSC in 76 at the Goldstone. We drove home with the cup and gave Norman Gall (he played for Horsham by then) a ride home.

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Thanks guys.

My fault regarding the two petitions, I thought I should add both in the interests of fairness but probably could have made that a bit clearer given you can't see the full titles in the links. I would amend my post but I can't see where I do this do if any moderator wishes to do that then please fell free. (Or delete the anti-ground petition link if you think we don't need to be balanced!!!!)

Ta

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
However badly the club has been run in recent years, I'm signing FOR the fans and the club .... they'll still be there long after the management has departed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Come on NSC, only a hundred or so more required to hit the target :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Horsham were a great little team once upon a time with a healthy support but rank bad management. They over paid their players and ran up huge debts (for a small club) only themselves to blame.

Having been brought up in Horsham and knowing the full circumstances not sure I'm willing to support, sorry.

As an ex Horsham committee member during the 'rank bad management days' that Piltdown Man talks about, l signed this petition in favour of the new ground some time ago.

I would remind him though, that directors, committee members, managers et al come and go. This petition is about the future of the club, not the personnel who oversee it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here