Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season kit

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It is all to do with the 'exclusion zone' around the Amex logo, I thought. For example if it is on a striped background, there needs to be a single colour box around the 'American Express' text. If the background is plain (see last season's Goalie and training shirts) there doesn't need to be a box around the text.

Correct. It's all to do with Amex's branding guidelines. They can't have their logo on a mixed background so a panel it is. Nike will never ever ever integrate the sponsor into the shirt like Errea did for us. They don't do it with Barca or Juventus, so we'll be having a panel on every home shirt for the foreseeable future.

I think, judging by the feedback the club must have received, a good way to sell more away kits will be to have a shirt design which doesn't require a panel. I.e a plain shirt.

The two I think would sell like HOTCAKES are these (in yellow)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    181.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    309.6 KB · Views: 342

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It is all to do with the 'exclusion zone' around the Amex logo, I thought. For example if it is on a striped background, there needs to be a single colour box around the 'American Express' text. If the background is plain (see last season's Goalie and training shirts) there doesn't need to be a box around the text.

Yeah, I understand that, I posted the QPR shirt as it shows it isn't necessarily them providing poor shirts, we seem hamstrung by AMEX's requirements which is a bit of a shame as it made the home shirt look utterly Sunday League.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Correct. It's all to do with Amex's branding guidelines. They can't have their logo on a mixed background so a panel it is. Nike will never ever ever integrate the sponsor into the shirt like Errea did for us. They don't do it with Barca or Juventus, so we'll be having a panel on every home shirt for the foreseeable future.

I think, judging by the feedback the club must have received, a good way to sell more away kits will be to have a shirt design which doesn't require a panel. I.e a plain shirt.

The two I think would sell like HOTCAKES are these (in yellow)

Polo shirts are generally an awful look imho and throw man made fibres into the mix and you're one step away from buying a MacKenzie or BENCH hoodie or a pair of NEXT jeans to go with it.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, I understand that, I posted the QPR shirt as it shows it isn't necessarily them providing poor shirts, we seem hamstrung by AMEX's requirements which is a bit of a shame as it made the home shirt look utterly Sunday League.

maybe its just the cheapest option and the club want to cut costs

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That awful bloody panel is the reason why I didn't buy either shirt last season. It just looks so tacky.

Honestly, you'd think two of the worlds biggest brands would be able to figure out how to make a shirt that doesn't like my nan cobbled it together in her kitchen.

Same here. I wear the shirts to play football in and sometimes at the gym. The panel sticking to my sweaty chest isn't something I want to pay £40 for to be honest. Especially when it's not particularly nice.

I'd hazard a guess that Nike would be oh so happy to accommodate our requests for a panel less striped shirt like the PSV one... I'd also hazard a guess that it would mean the fans would be paying £50+ per shirt and the club would be making 50% less profit in the process!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Same here. I wear the shirts to play football in and sometimes at the gym. The panel sticking to my sweaty chest isn't something I want to pay £40 for to be honest. Especially when it's not particularly nice.

Don't worry it lasted about 10 washes before it fell off......

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Polo shirts are generally an awful look imho and throw man made fibres into the mix and you're one step away from buying a MacKenzie or BENCH hoodie or a pair of NEXT jeans to go with it.

Nothing wrong with a nice pair of slim fit Next jeans!!

I'm hoping for a return to a yellow with blue trim kit....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here