Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have YOU besmirched the good name of the club in any way?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure if this counts but i did hit a newcastle fan in the back with a dart that was destined for double 5 , i was young and foolish , to play killer darts in the eclipse pub in the 80s was very dangerous as the dartboard was positioned in such a place that if you needed a slash you were basically in the firing line of pringle jumper wearing shandied up yoofs lobbing pointy objects in the general direction of a circle with numbers on it , a recipe for disaster , mind you in those days nobody gave a shit , i'm sure these days i would of been put in stocks at the amex on matchday and the customers entering the 7 stars bar would be able to collect a item of rotten veg to lob at me (sorry throw ) , inclusive of the £12 .

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I snuck onto the Amex before it opened and gave a shiny white virginal 1901 bog a good besmirching before I left.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Not sure if this counts but i did hit a newcastle fan in the back with a dart that was destined for double 5 , i was young and foolish , to play killer darts in the eclipse pub in the 80s was very dangerous as the dartboard was positioned in such a place that if you needed a slash you were basically in the firing line of pringle jumper wearing shandied up yoofs lobbing pointy objects in the general direction of a circle with numbers on it , a recipe for disaster , mind you in those days nobody gave a shit , i'm sure these days i would of been put in stocks at the amex on matchday and the customers entering the 7 stars bar would be able to collect a item of rotten veg to lob at me (sorry throw ) , inclusive of the £12 .

Those lobbing veg at you would have to be careful their throwing action did not constitute "luzzing" and constitute an act of besmirchment in itself.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think it was me, after I told a Wednesday fan to go home and feed his f*****g whippet after he was gobbing off to us after the play-off semi-final.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The <some stuff> is what it's all about, so entirely reasonable. Aimed at the knuckle draggers who, unfortunately, are present at every club. Having said that the literal meaning of besmirch is to make something dirty or discoloured, so I might have been guilty having left a skid mark in the South Stand bogs at the Goldstone in 1991.

To be fair, anyone prepared to use the toilets at The Goldstone deserves a medal, regardless of any besmirching that may have happened.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
"Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club...."

Must at all times and everything within their power are words that my solicitor advises me not to accept in fees agreements that I sign with Clients when working as a consultant. So why should I have to accept this for a poxy season ticket to watch football?

Usually a mild-mannered lady....I found myself rather angsty with the comment. As much as I respect Mr Barber and what he has achieved, that article made me wonder 'what next?'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My besmirching confession relates to failing to do everything within my power and control to adhere to officially-issued washing instructions for my BrightonandHoveJobs.com era replica shirt, a birthday present from my kids. In a wilful act of rebellion I included it in the weekly wash at the launderette, and machine washed at high temperatures. Retribution was swift (38 minutes) and terrible (sponsors name completely shredded, shirt rendered unwearable). You won't catch ME besmirching again, that's for sure! :down:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be fair, anyone prepared to use the toilets at The Goldstone deserves a medal, regardless of any besmirching that may have happened.

The toilets at the Goldstone are the only ones I know which looked cleaner immediately after one had dropped a fresh plop than before.

SAC

May 21, 2014
To paraphrase Len Goodman, the club want people to turn up and shut up. They probably aren't even that bothered about the turn up part so long as people have purchased a ticket.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Usually a mild-mannered lady....I found myself rather angsty with the comment. As much as I respect Mr Barber and what he has achieved, that article made me wonder 'what next?'
You're not alone.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
May have something to do with this , following a search by a vigilant steward a customer was found to be trying to smuggle these into the ground , the club take smuggling very seriously and anybody caught trying to enter with banned substances like proper teabags maybe given a ban or worse made to stand in a corner with a pointy hat on during the match .

tea_bag_in_shoes_blog.jpg

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If they'd put out just the bit that says "Hey, don't be a dick" it'd be fine. Adding the terms and conditions bit is just a dumb move.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I may well have uttered (under my breath of course) words of a besmirching nature to the following former club officials:

Bellotti D
Archer W
Stanley G
Wood J
Hinshlewood M
Hyypia S

*hangs head*

(Also I'm expecting the catering to be spectacularly crap on Saturday now, luckily I'm meeting my mates in the Swan for a change)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here