Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion home shirts

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So I watched The Championship and MoTD this weekend. We have a decent squad which will press for promotion again. We are Premier League ready in so many ways. But watching the football shows only reminds me what rubbish shirts Nike offload on Albion. The Volt away strip looked great last season, so tick. The black version this season is pretty good as a replacement. But Nike seem to offload their Tesco value stripey shirts on us and this year it looks like we are wearing Tesco value stripey bags, although didn't really finish the backs properly. Every other club in the top two divisions with a stripey shirt has a better shirt than us and it's really irritating me now every time I watch other teams in stripes on TV. When does the Nike deal come up for review?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
My educated guess is we will have a new supplier from next season.

Home shirts always have a 2 year life span, this year the home shirt is being called the 16/17 home shirt.

That will take us to 3 years of Nike which I would guess is the standard length of a contract.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It's what we do putting it in the onion bag that counts to me, if we WERE sporting Tesco bags @5p each but winning each week I couldn't give a tinker's cuss. :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My educated guess is we will have a new supplier from next season.
Home shirts always have a 2 year life span, this year the home shirt is being called the 16/17 home shirt.
That will take us to 3 years of Nike which I would guess is the standard length of a contract.

The club signed the deal pre the 14/15 season when it was described as a "long term agreement".
Dozens of European clubs have had contracts with Nike for > 3 years.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If the moaning is just reduced the the shirts , then all is good in my book.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The white back is terrible, glad we 'get rid' at the end of the season.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
could be worse. Could be Sheff Wed .

Why are they solid blue this year ? looks odd

Fans aren't very happy about it. Very thin pin-stripes, but the kit has essentially changed completely.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The shirt last year was good, apart from the bloody stick on panel. Time to tell Nike to do one as they refuse to make a shirt incorporating the logo. Adidas next year please :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The plain white back looks cheap and is bad in a way that the plain blue last season wasn't. And the guff they tried to foist on us about the red number being a reference to the 78-79 promotion side's kit was laughable. That kit proved that it really isn't difficult to have readable numbers on a striped shirt.

maybank-200815-l229-2633642_478x359.jpg

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Yep I much prefer the blue back from the previous shirt. Do really like the look of the away shirt though, so may well get that one!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The plain white back looks cheap and is bad in a way that the plain blue last season wasn't. And the guff they tried to foist on us about the red number being a reference to the 78-79 promotion side's kit was laughable. That kit proved that it really isn't difficult to have readable numbers on a striped shirt.

View attachment 78189

But they didn't have to cope with names as well, or stupid squad numbers.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Its not just us or UK, Malaga FC who have a similar blue and white striped kit to us are also up in arms with their kit from Nike with the blank white back - they much prefer their away kit of plain mauve

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Bring back Errea. That first Amex kit was the best we've had since the first Withdean kit.

At least in my opinion. I do love a good kit.

What's everyone's favourite one kit from a club this season? Home kits only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here