Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Questions:

How exactly is he going to fight?

"Though they may be little, they are fierce! The tardigrade’s mouth is a serious weapon, its dagger-like teeth used to spear algae and even other small animals."

Aim, and fire. The HB would not get near it. A like-sized Tardigrade would be armed with a very serious, natural weapon.

We're going pound for pound arent we? Even if we allow the possibility of a larger Tardi (no respiratory system, already at pretty much maximum size) what is going to happen in the fight between equal size HB and Tardi other than a shuffling tardi being ripped open and HB playing in the mush?

Well, where would this fight take place? A dessert? An ice berg? The Sea? Space? Does not matter much to the Tardigrade. As pointed out above, a Tardigrade of a relative size, would be a dangerous animal, ANYWHERE.

The HB needs things to be on his conditions to pose a threat.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have changed my mind. I am no longer #NoVote. Now I am flipping it round and piling into #TeamConspiracy - Honey Badger isn't a worth competitor, if the pillow is strong enough to beat it, then so be it. I doubt it, but I'm all for it.

They got to you too? Depressing news.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
"Though they may be little, they are fierce! The tardigrade’s mouth is a serious weapon, its dagger-like teeth used to spear algae and even other small animals."

Aim, and fire. The HB would not get near it. A like-sized Tardigrade would be armed with a very serious, natural weapon.

Tardi is sloooooow. HB saunters round the side and eats him arse first.

Well, where would this fight take place? A dessert? An ice berg? The Sea? Space? Does not matter much to the Tardigrade. As pointed out above, a Tardigrade of a relative size, would be a dangerous animal, ANYWHERE.

The Honey Badger appears first in this round, therefore he has home advantage, unless WHC is an american competition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I go where the money is I'm afraid. And this competition is over for me now, Tabby cat was beaten by a signifcantly inferior animal.

I owned a tabby cat. I used to laugh right in it's face and tickle it's belly. Not that hard, really?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If Tabby cat had won it would be like Jedward winning the X factor - The day the competition dies (second thoughts, that's not a bad thing in X factor terms)

As for this Tardigrade it's deserves a place in the Worlds Hardest Micro Organism (including Bacteria) competition on some geeky science forum

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
We could have a repechage for defeated second round contenders to play each other. Blue Ringed Octopus vs Tabby Cat sounds good.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Hang on a minute. So you put forward the proposition that the honey badger can only fight in its own conditions but then put forward the rather fanciful notion of a whopping great sized tardigrade to level the playing field? Hardly a fair comparison.

In this case there is no point in trying to concoct a fight between two combatants that can simply never happen. Either they scrap in space and the honey badger asphyxiates or they fight on land and the honey badger (armed with an electron microscope simply steps on or eats the feisty pillow.

If we're calling the tardigrade hard because it puts the wind up algae then I think the honey badger is harder for staring down packs of lions and chewing the heads of highly venomous snakes.

But then I'm biased...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hang on a minute. So you put forward the proposition that the honey badger can only fight in its own conditions but then put forward the rather fanciful notion of a whopping great sized tardigrade to level the playing field? Hardly a fair comparison.

In this case there is no point in trying to concoct a fight between two combatants that can simply never happen. Either they scrap in space and the honey badger asphyxiates or they fight on land and the honey badger (armed with an electron microscope simply steps on or eats the feisty pillow.

If we're calling the tardigrade hard because it puts the wind up algae then I think the honey badger is harder for staring down packs of lions and chewing the heads of highly venomous snakes.

But then I'm biased...

Pound for pound...

I'm imagining the HB in full retreat and the Tard just shouting... "You can run if you like, but I will catch you and you'll just die tired!"

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Pound for pound...

I'm imagining the HB in full retreat and the Tard just shouting... "You can run if you like, but I will catch you and you'll just die tired!"

The Tardigrade, meaning "slow-stepper". Typically when creatures get larger they do not get faster. The Badger would be more frightened of a rock, which is at least hard.
The tardigrade stays alive by barely being alive to begin with. What's next? bacteria?

My nomination for next year Bacillus anthracis
Anthrax is an acute disease caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis. Most forms of the disease are lethal, and it affects both humans and other animals. Effective vaccines against anthrax are available, and some forms of the disease respond well to antibiotic treatment.

Like many other members of the genus Bacillus, B. anthracis can form dormant endospores (often referred to as "spores" for short, but not to be confused with fungal spores) that are able to survive in harsh conditions for decades or even centuries.[1] Such spores can be found on all continents, even Antarctica.[2] When spores are inhaled, ingested, or come into contact with a skin lesion on a host, they may become reactivated and multiply rapidly.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A little over two hours for the Honey badgers enemies to summon their forces.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Tardigrade is hardy. Incredibly hard in that sense but for this competition it needs more than that. The Honey Badger brings attitude along with the ability to take a decent hit and give a decent hit back. That's why it gets my vote in this match up.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Gutted that the Tard is unlikely to win this. It genuinely is the worlds hardest animal, given that it can more or less survive ANYWHERE.

It had tough competition against the honey badger, one of competitions favourites though, no shame in this defeat. Oh well.

As one of the few people who consider many of your posts to be reasonable it is with great shame that I must class you as a nut job due to your irrational support of the moss-piglet.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Sorry to pre-empt GNLF but due to an attack of agoraphobia/skiving I'm following this closely. This looks like the QF contenders. 15 mins for the tardigrade to squeeze out HB. Tasmanian Devil, Wolverine and Seagull seem to be the only ones that aren't genuine contenders.

Game 1 Tasmanian Devil
Game 2 Wolverine
Game 3 Hippo
Game 4 Saltwater Crocodile
Game 5 Seagull
Game 6 Orca
Game 7 Grasshopper Mouse
Game 8 Honey Badger

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Honey Badger cruises through after a sluggish a start.

So that's all eight second round match ups finished. [MENTION=20366]jackanada[/MENTION] is correct, the eight quarter finalists in no particular order are: Wolverine, Seagull, Orca, Hippo, Honey Badger, Seagull, Saltwater Croc and Tasmanian Devil.

The quarter final draw will be live, starting at 1:30p.m. Look out for the new thread.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry to pre-empt GNLF but due to an attack of agoraphobia/skiving I'm following this closely. This looks like the QF contenders. 15 mins for the tardigrade to squeeze out HB. Tasmanian Devil, Wolverine and Seagull seem to be the only ones that aren't genuine contenders.

Game 1 Tasmanian Devil
Game 2 Wolverine
Game 3 Hippo
Game 4 Saltwater Crocodile
Game 5 Seagull
Game 6 Orca
Game 7 Grasshopper Mouse
Game 8 Honey Badger

Fairly happy with any of those in bold winning it, but Orca and Croc will put up a good fight, as per.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here