Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumbing / Washing Machine Tap Replacement Advice

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
at the top where the water comes in at the level of the ball device. a fine spray of water was coming out.

draining down and gradually turning back on seems easy enough but will it definitely work?

I know hindsight is a fine thing, but the entire tank didn't need draining down to repair a leak at the top of the tank.

Getting rid of an airlock in hot and cold pipes from a tank can be a tricky job, it's not easy for me to explain on here without seeing the tank, pipes and what type of taps you have. And I have to go to work now, sorry.

I would bite the bullet and ask your plumber for advice, not sure how well you know him.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I know hindsight is a fine thing, but the entire tank didn't need draining down to repair a leak at the top of the tank.

Getting rid of an airlock in hot and cold pipes from a tank can be a tricky job, it's not easy for me to explain on here without seeing the tank, pipes and what type of taps you have. And I have to go to work now, sorry.

I would bite the bullet and ask your plumber for advice, not sure how well you know him.
Thanks. Yes, tank drain was a panicky first reaction...

Mrs G has phoned plumber - he thinks he may have left a stop cock turned off and is going to come back.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Posted at 3.06 AM, did you stay up all night worrying about a washing machine valve? :rolleyes:

Only you can now make a decision on which valve to buy.

I had dozed off briefly but woke up again. I'm not what you would call an impulse buyer. I always research anything I buy weighing up pros and cons versus cost. I know a washing machine valve is insignificant in itself but the future implications of making the wrong decision could be potentially quite annoying without that forethought.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
You are what we in the trade call a customer from hell.
Can't make mind up - don't listen to advice - penny pinching - and that's your good points :moo:

I will make up my mind eventually and I've actually hung on your every word with regard to both plumbing installations and advice on maintaining sexual health. As for penny pinching I won't go for the cheaper option if it compromises on quality. Although the Tectite is relatively cheap it looks like a quality product and has a 25 year guarantee. My only reservation is the lack of removeability but if properly installed I don't know if that would be much of a draw back.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I will make up my mind eventually and I've actually hung on your every word with regard to both plumbing installations and advice on maintaining sexual health. As for penny pinching I won't go for the cheaper option if it compromises on quality. Although the Tectite is relatively cheap it looks like a quality product and has a 25 year guarantee. My only reservation is the lack of removeability but if properly installed I don't know if that would be much of a draw back.

Are you related to BG by any chance :moo:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Posted at 3.06 AM, did you stay up all night worrying about a washing machine valve? :rolleyes:

Only you can now make a decision on which valve to buy.

If NSC club together for the £30 this job would cost can you sort it.
Only I'm having trouble getting off at night :drama:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had dozed off briefly but woke up again. I'm not what you would call an impulse buyer. I always research anything I buy weighing up pros and cons versus cost. I know a washing machine valve is insignificant in itself but the future implications of making the wrong decision could be potentially quite annoying without that forethought.
The wrong decision is not getting a plumber to just come and change it, as stated if you're water turns off easily it should cost around 30 quid including the valve, then you can get a good night's sleep

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here