Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Vaccum Cleaners

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Replaced our dyson a couple of years back. Checking the pick up ratings all the dysons were C. Bought a Hoover that was half the price, A on hard floors, A on carpets and A on pet hair (2 cats, one is long haired)
. When our handheld dies Dyson will be the same as Apple to me... something I fell for the hype once but learned its all style over substance and moved on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

subo.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cordless? Upright? ....more info required..I use a Hayter..oh hang on thats on the lawn..picks up well though and a nice stripe

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We bought an expensive highly rated Sebo, about 3 years ago. It caught fire, so we bought a Dyson.

Vorwerk are thought of as excellent. I know a few people who bought them many years ago, and they've never wrong.

.... but when they do it gets expensive - the heads have their own motors, so they come at a price.��

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Eufy Robovac. Love it and cheaper than a Dyson

el punal

Miele. Mine is 18 years old and works perfectly*. Dysons are much lighter but are made of the same thing as Will Buckley's hamstrings.

*I originally wrote 'sucks like a good 'un' but realised this might trigger some inappropriate comments.

You don’t have the Miele Fellatio model by any chance? Apparently this is recommended by all A&E departments as the go-to kit. :drink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Miele. Mine is 18 years old and works perfectly*. Dysons are much lighter but are made of the same thing as Will Buckley's hamstrings.

*I originally wrote 'sucks like a good 'un' but realised this might trigger some inappropriate comments.

My Dyson is very heavy and not that good. I wouldn't buy a Dyson again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have a Miele. It is far better than the Dyson I used to have, and the Miele’s suction is such that you really need to put some weight behind it when vacuuming a carpet on full power.

There’s no way I’d risk sticking my knob in it.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I bought a Miele many years ago and it's been solid, an internal filter fell into the fan and I called them, they collected it, repaired and serviced it and returned it - all within the 10 year warranty or something. Still works brilliantly.

However, recently we bought a Dyson cordless and it's infinitely better. It's not the suction etc, as the Miele is more powerful, it's the convenience. You can just pluck it from whichever cupboard or corner you've mounted it, run it around the room and put it back. It is far easier to use and makes vacuuming much less of a chore. Strongly recommend you try it out - if you buy from John Lewis or whoever you can always return it if you don't get on with it.

The other benefit is that vacuuming no longer makes me hotter than the sun.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My Dyson is very heavy and not that good. I wouldn't buy a Dyson again.

I have a Miele. It is far better than the Dyson I used to have, and the Miele’s suction is such that you really need to put some weight behind it when vacuuming a carpet on full power.

There’s no way I’d risk sticking my knob in it.

I have a Dyson "Big Ball" cleaner and it's great - it similarly needs some heft to move it across carpet. I wouldn't use it to clean my Big Balls...

Also, recently bought a Dyson cordless - as above, it doesn't clean as powerfully (the Max mode isn't far off, though) but it's so much more convenient.

Both of these were from Dyson eBay at about £150 each - nominally refurbished with shorter warranties, but actually brand new, and I've managed to register them both for the full warranty (5 years for the cylinder, 2 for the handheld).

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Had a Dyson cordless. It was way overpriced, worked great for 3 months. Then went to shit. Never again.
Replaced it with a Vax. Cheap. And worse than the Dyson. Sucking power of an asthmatic gnat. Also never again.
Replaced it with a Henry. Fecking superb. 4 years now and never a problem.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Henry for me.. I have two and they are superb. need to keep the bag monitored and changed every couple of months but online they are only £3 for 6. Have had three Dysons and believe they are overpriced, over-hyped tosh. Each broke and progressively lost suction due to use and wear on seals.
I understand the GTec Air ram and the Shark cordless types are very good, and have used a GTec at my Mum's house. Very easy to manoevre but pricey at >£200.

no all in all for less than £100 it's a Henry for me.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here