Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My first foray into this (slightly scary) thread.

Whilst lots of these beers seem very EXPENSIVE, my contribution is this rather tasty craft lager https://www.caledonianbeer.com/beer/three-hop-craft-lager/ currently available in 330ml bottles at my local Home Bargains for 69 PENCE :eek:

None left now. Mrs swept the shelf for me earlier.

IMG_2041.JPG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
None left now. Mrs swept the shelf for me earlier.

View attachment 81269

As [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] says....a good start. Craft lager was my starting point as well. I reckon you're now about 12 months from the Mrs saying "why can't you just drink the beer instead of going on about it?"

Jul 7, 2003
As [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] says....a good start. Craft lager was my starting point as well. I reckon you're now about 12 months from the Mrs saying "why can't you just drink the beer instead of going on about it?"

It gets worse. Tonight my 16 year old son came down and asked if I had any 'spare' beer in the fridge? Tried to offload some crap that other people had left behind after a social event but he wasn't interested in that and chose one of my Siren beers instead!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I listen to my wife about the ins and outs of The Walking Dead. The least she can do is listen as to whether my beer contains Simcoe or Citra hops or even if it was dry hopped quite late on. Jesus it's not much to ask is it ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It gets worse. Tonight my 16 year old son came down and asked if I had any 'spare' beer in the fridge? Tried to offload some crap that other people had left behind after a social event but he wasn't interested in that and chose one of my Siren beers instead!

Well it wasn't 'Spare' then was it ? Not Siren.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'd count your scotch egg collection as well if I were you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A staple of my fridge.

Attachments

• IMG_5978.JPG
    IMG_5978.JPG
    880.7 KB · Views: 84

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a weird one. I can't decide if I love it or not. It's certainly different. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I like it...especially the huge long bitter finish it has. It's brewed locally so it's very cheap for me as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to the Brewdog pub today for the first time. A bit underwhelmed to be honest. Not a great location and lacking much of an atmosphere.

I think that area is going to become "great". Brighton Bier Dispensary are opening up nearby. Give it some time and I reckon it will be a fun area.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will certainly give it another go.

I think it's a good addition but probably not Brighton's best. We usually kick off a night in there and then move on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for not naming the town where the Brewery is. I think I'd start crying again if I saw it mentioned :(

Ha ha. No problem.

Their tap is, by all accounts, and like their beers, quite stunning. Amongst many my mate had a Dark Arts Chocolate, Liquorice, Blackberry and Fig stout. And it tasted as good as it sounds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here