Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The striker situation

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sky Sports reporting Hemed going out on season lone to QPR......

Poor Tomer, they are an absolute car crash at the moment, surely Schteve can't be for the job much longer. With the owners wanting out and a transfer embargo in January it's not exactly going to be a job you'd want.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sky Sports reporting Hemed going out on season lone to QPR......

16:10
QPR CLOSE ON HEMED

Queens Park Rangers are closing on the signing of Brighton striker Tomer Hemed on a season-long loan, according to Sky sources.

The Israel international is not in Chris Hughton’s plans in the Premier League and talks are underway to allow him to move to Loftus Road.

Rangers boss Steve McClaren is in desperate need of experienced recruits as his young side have lost all their opening four games, scoring just twice and conceding 13 goals.

Hemed, 32, scored 30 goals in 73 Championship starts as he helped Brighton return to the top division in 2017 for the first time in 34 years.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So if Hemed goes (mad if you ask me with Locadia the only back up) I guess Schelotto will be back in the squad?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He must consider that he would probably be first choice every week rather than sit in West Lower watching us.

He'll get game time, but he's going from a club that is very well run with fantastic team spirit and everyone on the same page to a club that really doesn't know which way is up. It's going to be a massively different experience for him that's why I said poor Tomer.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
16:10
QPR CLOSE ON HEMED

Queens Park Rangers are closing on the signing of Brighton striker Tomer Hemed on a season-long loan, according to Sky sources.

The Israel international is not in Chris Hughton’s plans in the Premier League and talks are underway to allow him to move to Loftus Road.

Rangers boss Steve McClaren is in desperate need of experienced recruits as his young side have lost all their opening four games, scoring just twice and conceding 13 goals.

Hemed, 32, scored 30 goals in 73 Championship starts as he helped Brighton return to the top division in 2017 for the first time in 34 years.

Ouch!
Well, call me tickled surprised.
Blooming Blue Valkyrie jinxing it :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ouch!
Well, call me tickled surprised.
Blooming Blue Valkyrie jinxing it :D

If it happens your ITK rating takes a dive :wink:

Surely Hemed can do better than QPR, he is a top Championship level striker, they are relegation bound.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The appearances that he can look forward to making for us other than cups you can count on 1 hand. So if its games that he wants and assuming he would still be on the same wages QPR will be a good move for him also daily travel is easy.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Surely Andone's injury cannot be as bad as some on here are saying if we are allowing this to happen.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If it happens your ITK rating takes a dive :wink:

Surely Hemed can do better than QPR, he is a top Championship level striker, they are relegation bound.

Exactly. His goalscoring record in the Championship (and even the PL) is impressive, and he has plenty of other assets to his game.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Would we really be short-sighted enough to allow Hemed to move to QPR on a season long loan when, other than Murray, we've got no obviously "effective" strikers in the squad at present? Seems like a huge risk to me, which I hope we don't live to regret.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
SHIRLEY imo......If Andones fitness is a concern then Hemed must stay until January .Perhaps CH rates his young strikers .........?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Would we really be short-sighted enough to allow Hemed to move to QPR on a season long loan when, other than Murray, we've got no obviously "effective" strikers in the squad at present? Seems like a huge risk to me, which I hope we don't live to regret.

Whilst to a certain extent I agree we will have 3 strikers fighting for 1 place. 2 of whom currently fully fit - the other doesn't have a major injury and I suspect will be playing after international break. I think it would be a risk keeping a player who clearly wants to play first team football - by letting Goldson and Hemed leave to further their careers it sends a message to other players that they will be looked after by Brighton and the best interests of the player taken into account. This can only be good for future signings.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"The stiffs"!? He is in one of the youth teams is he not? We don't have a reserve team and have not for some time.

The same u23 team that's playing the top youth teams in England AND get to play in Europe?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
While I understand the need to get players off the wage bill, some of the club’s transfer decisions do look a bit baffling.

Is Balogun better than Goldson?
Is Locadia better than Hemed?
Is Andone better than Baldock?
(Obviously no idea about this as I’ve never seen him play and don’t look likely to for a while either)

Whilst we seem to have had a good window, I can’t help thinking we may regret some of the players we have let go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The first one is yes as Goldson has been built up on here as a better player than Stones when all he actually did was have potential and when he played coped adequately but nothing special. and would never replace Dunk or even Duffy but be a back up and cover.

Locadia and Andone remains to be seen but I have high hopes for Locadia from his brief appearances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here