Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You ARE paying him that. The total cost of Max Meyer playing for Palace, across the duration of his contract, is £170k per week

It's almost irrelevant how much of that total is officially wages, and how much is his 'signing on fee' spread out and paid in weekly / monthly installments. Except that pretending the wages are capped at whichever made up figure you want to quote, prevents you having to up the salaries of players with 'top earner' clauses.

So you’re lumping on his signing on fee, paid in monthly instalments, to reach the mythical £170 k a week.
By my calculations, that works out around a £15 mill signing on fee!
Don’t think so, £75 k a week, £450 k compo to Schalke, but I don’t know the signing on fee, but it isn’t £15 mill you prannet !

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
We should close this thread out of respect really.

I don't think many of us realised Wilf had just 5 years left.

Where was that lifetime commitment when he left to join a big club but couldn’t hack it... there is a reason none of the big clubs made a bid to sign him....

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
We have a very valuable asset that we were desperate to keep. Chelsea and Spurs both wanted to sign Zaha but weren't willing to pay our £75m asking price. As a result, we get to keep our best player. Zaha is rewarded with a new contract which ensures that he's kept happy and means that Palace are far more likely to enjoy a successful season. This is an excellent outcome for Palace and most certainly constitutes a win.

Lets be honest he's worth more than the stadium, but his true value is only what others are prepared to pay and as no one wanted to buy him that speaks volumes.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Where was that lifetime commitment when he left to join a big club but couldn’t hack it... there is a reason none of the big clubs made a bid to sign him....

They couldn't afford him .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Lets be honest he's worth more than the stadium, but his true value is only what others are prepared to pay and as no one wanted to buy him that speaks volumes.

He's worth more than your stadium .

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
They couldn't afford him .

More like they didn’t think he was worth it and wouldn’t pay his wages.. just like all the top clubs that turned Meyer down due to his wage demands... then.. along come Palace....Your wage bill must be eye watering..

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Righteo. So you're saying that an asset is only worth as much as someone wants to pay for it?

Your mates house. If I wanted it for a fiver, is that how much it's worth now?

It seems that your understanding of finances isn't much better than ours, love. :D
It's called "market value" you dimwit. What an absurdly stupid post.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
More like they didn’t think he was worth it and wouldn’t pay his wages.. just like all the top clubs that turned Meyer down due to his wage demands... then.. along come Palace....Your wage bill must be eye watering..

Benteke, Meyer and Zaha's wages combined would be more or less the same as our entire starting 11, I'd wager.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

At least we didn't spend over £50 m .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

You seem to know a lot , are you itk?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Benteke, Meyer and Zaha's wages combined would be more or less the same as our entire starting 11, I'd wager.

Exactly.. but they will still boast if they finished 4 points above us this year again. The lemons really don’t get it. Imagine renting a house and buying a Ferrari and a lambo.? That would be the Palace way.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Exactly.. but they will still boast if they finished 4 points above us this year again. The lemons really don’t get it. Imagine renting a house and buying a Ferrari and a lambo.? That would be the Palace way.

It'll be more than 4 points .

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
No; rewarded for his consistently superb performances since he signed his last contract.

It's clear that Zaha loves Palace. He could easily have tried to force a move several times in the last few transfer windows, but he hasn't. I'm sure he'd have taken the chance to play Champions League football if Palace agreed to sell him, but we didn't. That doesn't mean that he's upset or frustrated or unhappy at Palace. He knows full well that if he continues his current run of form that Palace simply won't be able to refuse the amount of money that'll be on the table this time next year.

What a load of twaddle!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here