Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Between 800 and 1000 new ST available for 2018/19

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, there's plenty of dead bodies around the ground that only wanted to see us play in the prem as a one off

Understood.

Glad you've been proven bang wrong, then.

Given that a significant number of the 800 will have been those sadly no longer with us, then remove those moving abroad / away, those who have suffered financially and can't justify the money, it doesn't leave many 'didn't really care' quitters at all.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.png
The statement was prepared by the club’s new head of fans services, Diane Abbott.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Understood.

Glad you've been proven bang wrong, then.

Given that a significant number of the 800 will have been those sadly no longer with us, then remove those moving abroad / away, those who have suffered financially and can't justify the money, it doesn't leave many 'didn't really care' quitters at all.
Rubbish, more people left coz they couldn't be arsed than died!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Considering there has always been season tickets available for many years am cynical about waiting list. Sure there are genuine people but interesting that they have to make decision before knowing what division we are in. My cynicism tells me if we lost next 2 games they would get to 4000 on list before getting 800takers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah ha.

That’s got to be it then. Thanks.

For morale-boosting purposes, you’d have thought that they’d renumber the list after the ST sales each season. Perhaps too much of a balls-ache.

Maybe they do / did at the start of the season (just not after the start of the next)? 200 wouldn't seem an unlikely number to be cancelled during the season - deaths, cancelled direct debits, defaulted payments, club sanctions for touting, etc

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rubbish, more people left coz they couldn't be arsed than died!

If people live to an average of 81, then it follows that 1 in 81 die each year. 22,000 / 81 = 271 straight away. Add in a couple of hundred going off to Uni, a hundred or so emigrating, a load who can't find the money, and it really wouldn't leave many at all :shrug:

I don't buy the idea that there are many people who don't really care. £500 or so is a lot of money to spend on something you don't care about.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Maybe they do / did at the start of the season (just not after the start of the next)? 200 wouldn't seem an unlikely number to be cancelled during the season - deaths, cancelled direct debits, defaulted payments, club sanctions for touting, etc

Yeah, maybe. I’d read [MENTION=27269]Denis[/MENTION] post as meaning he was at #565 when the list was first created and was still there, despite c200 new ST having been issued for 2017/18.

Whatever the explanation, I was a tad hasty in criticising the club for the ambiguity in my OP.

Sidneiknows

Mar 16, 2018
I am number 565 on waiting list, that hasn’t changed. If you take off the 200 or so that we’re sold last season, 800 is correct. I spoke with someone in the ticket office and I am really 565 minus last season’s sales.

This. I remember approx. 200 were released last season and also recently spoke to the ticket office and they advised that although my number hasn't changed (629) I should take about 200 off of this for the real number where I am in the list. They also advised that those in the '800' won't be offered tickets until after the current moving seat period for existing season tickets ends, which is in June 2018, so a bit of a wait yet!

I'm hoping when we do get offered tickets it will be by number and not a free for all at say 9am on a Monday morning where all 800 people are trying to buy a seat. I'm kind of resigned to getting a 'take what I can get' seat though this season and then moving seats this time next year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If people live to an average of 81, then it follows that 1 in 81 die each year. 22,000 / 81 = 271 straight away. Add in a couple of hundred going off to Uni, a hundred or so emigrating, a load who can't find the money, and it really wouldn't leave many at all :shrug:

I don't buy the idea that there are many people who don't really care. £500 or so is a lot of money to spend on something you don't care about.

With much of the fanbase from Saltdean, Lancing, Worthing and Eastbourne, it's probably a much lower ratio than the 1:81. Sorry for being morbid!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This. I remember approx. 200 were released last season and also recently spoke to the ticket office and they advised that although my number hasn't changed (629) I should take about 200 off of this for the real number where I am in the list. They also advised that those in the '800' won't be offered tickets until after the current moving seat period for existing season tickets ends, which is in June 2018, so a bit of a wait yet!

I'm hoping when we do get offered tickets it will be by number and not a free for all at say 9am on a Monday morning where all 800 people are trying to buy a seat. I'm kind of resigned to getting a 'take what I can get' seat though this season and then moving seats this time next year.

You can buy from 9am on 6 April. Check out https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...son-tickets-available-to-top-of-waiting-list/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
more customers waving good bye to the PL gravy train???
regards
DR

800 of 22,000 (one in 30) have either died, moved away or are not able to commit the finances to renew. They will all be quickly replaced by the next 800 in a long queue.

Not quite sure of your point? :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
800 of 22,000 (one in 30) have either died, moved away or are not able to commit the finances to renew. They will all be quickly replaced by the next 800 in a long queue.

Not quite sure of your point? :shrug:
i'm sure you do ? people are fed up with being controlled by TV coverage and treated as customers in a sterile atmosphere , trust me it won't get any better in the long run , what I will say is that some of the younger fans are being brainwashed as they know no different a sort of conditioning of the masses , not for me thanks
regards
DR

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
My brother is 1,200 ish on the list. Allowing for various reasons previously mentioned on this thread what are his realistic chances of getting a ST?
I often wonder how many on the list when push comes to shove will decline the offer as it is quite a commitment. Let's be honest it's very rare for a Bronze Member not to be able to get a match ticket providing they get in early.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Everyone who signs up to Bronze Membership gets a place on the Waiting List right, I'm sure there's some who have signed up as members but have no interest in becoming a STH, they just wanted to get priority access to home tickets? I wouldn't be shocked if the 800 tickets don't all sell out to the first 1,000.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Club are probably reasonably estimating 20% of the 1000 won't take up the offer for various reasons. If by some quirk all or most of them do, wouldn't they simply make more seats available to allow up to 1000 to sign up ? Not sure there is a defined limit on the actual number of matchday tickets they have to make available for home support ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here