Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laura Kuenssberg - Political Editor of the BBC

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've tried to warm to her I really really have but she really is the most whiney awful woman on tv at the moment.

She seems incapable of asking a question without it sounding like she is nagging, it's such a relief when one of the other political commentators is on.

How the hell did she get her job?

Bring back Nick Robinson.

She's totally changed. I thought it exactly that last night.

In her early years on BBC News she was modest and highly regarded. Quietly spoken, very thoughtful, her own person, with great diction.

These days, arrogant and loud. She makes jibes at politicians, shouts barbed comments from afar at politicians walking to meetings, and follows the head in painting a picture of doom and gloom.

When you tune in to Radio 4, with their relaxed manner presenters and political reporters, all highly intelligent and no mugs in interviews, you notice the contrast from the loud mouth.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
You can see in Theresa May's eyes when being interviewed that she just wants to smack her in the face.

I think Laura Kuenssberg is very fast thinking and very clever. She does the role of Devil's Advocate very well and presses lots of buttons that upset politicians from both sides.
I think she's a breath of fresh air.
Mind you, if I lived with her I'd be fearful of her returning home after work and reprimanding me for not doing the list of jobs she left for me. I think she would look very dimly on me sitting and watching Sky Sports News all day.
But somehow very attractive in a challenging way.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I would though

So would I, but I'd want a couple of pints first.

Yep, always imagine when she toking on her husbands old boy, she'd look like Popeye

K**ntssberg the facially challenged attack dog of the bias Brussels Broadcasting Company.

Good to see that misogyny is alive, well and thriving here...... I can't stand Kuenssberg either but let's judge her on what she says rather than what she is right?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
John%20Pienaar%20-%20BBC%20Deputy%20Political%20Editor%20(2).jpg

Why have you posted a picture of a grumpy Palace fan?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've tried to warm to her I really really have but she really is the most whiney awful woman on tv at the moment.

She seems incapable of asking a question without it sounding like she is nagging, it's such a relief when one of the other political commentators is on.

How the hell did she get her job?

Bring back Nick Robinson.

For me, not as annoying as Skys' Beth Rigby - I'm sure she's a very capable political presenter but she ruins the English language by not pronouncing any "g"s on any word ending "ing". So bloomin' annoying.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Laura is very unusual for the bbc she's not a lefty like most of them.

The BBC political reporters are as right wing as the come Google them private schools well heeled families Oxford or Cambridge educated some like Nick Robinson was leader of the young Tories while at university while the editor for the tonight programme was an adviser to lord Somes and overseeing the whole thing is Chris Pattern former Torie minister it's true the BBC was left leaning but since the coalition government it has been a steady shift to the right while cleverly still portraying the BBC as left leaning

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
while the editor for the tonight programme was an adviser to lord Somes and overseeing the whole thing is Chris Pattern former Torie minister it's true the BBC was left leaning but since the coalition government it has been a steady shift to the right while cleverly still portraying the BBC as left leaning

Do you mean Newsnight? The editor is Ian Katz, an ex-Guardian journalist. As you'd expect with his background, his politics are left-leaning. Chris Patten was replaced as BBC chairman in 2014; the current chairman is Rona Fairhead, ex-CEO of the Financial Times.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Laura is very unusual for the bbc she's not a lefty like most of them.

Just shows how far right the media is now that the bbc is classed as leftist when it is pretty impartial.

Er ... Nick Robinson, David Dimbleby, Andrew Neil, Evan Davis, Jeremy Paxman ...

She's better than Andrew Neil. That man's performance at the last election should result in him never being allowed near the TV again.

:mad: he's is probably the best political broadcaster on TV IMO

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Clearly pro Labour and pro Remain. Unbiased she is not

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
She's totally changed. I thought it exactly that last night.

In her early years on BBC News she was modest and highly regarded. Quietly spoken, very thoughtful, her own person, with great diction.

These days, arrogant and loud. She makes jibes at politicians, shouts barbed comments from afar at politicians walking to meetings, and follows the head in painting a picture of doom and gloom.

When you tune in to Radio 4, with their relaxed manner presenters and political reporters, all highly intelligent and no mugs in interviews, you notice the contrast from the loud mouth.

Agree with that she's definetly gone a bit tabloidy.

Funnily enough, I had to turn over to Radio 4 for decent coverage of the GE Exit poll announcement after listening to the barely restrained glee in the Radio 5live studio. I'm sure if you listened carefully you could hear the champagne corks popping in the background ..

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I never hear what she says, because her mouth is lop-sided when she talks and this is completely distracting.

Au contraire.....
I find her mouth fascinating and cannot take my eyes off it. It has a mind of its own and doesn't abide by regular movement. Every time I see John Pienaar, I think its Willie Thorne covering politics and Nick Robinson can only be Sgt Bilko.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Good to see that misogyny is alive, well and thriving here...... I can't stand Kuenssberg either but let's judge her on what she says rather than what she is right?

Also nice to see the "I'm utterly offended by everything" brigade up nice an early this morning, you've got a long couple of weeks ahead of you telling everyone how upset you are.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with that she's definetly gone a bit tabloidy.

Funnily enough, I had to turn over to Radio 4 for decent coverage of the GE Exit poll announcement after listening to the barely restrained glee in the Radio 5live studio. I'm sure if you listened carefully you could hear the champagne corks popping in the background ..

BBC TV news, with Kuenssberg symptomatic of this, have dumbed down due to massive competition of 'money no object' Sky News.

Previous political editors such as John Coles didn't you used to shout cat call provocative statements against senior politicians, or obsess with one blinkered view in the narrative for months on end.

This isn't party political. The BBC were obsessive in their harassment and bad news about Corbyn (his followers were always pointing this out). The mood music for 20 months was anti Corbyn, and so the new dumb style BBC joined in the kicking with Sky News and the tabloids. May dips in the polls and actual election, and Kuenssberg obsesses with that. The same with Brexit - 18 months of negotiations have barely started, and Kuenssberg has tunnel vision for 'bad news' from rent a statement artists such as Juncker.

Turning over the Radio 4, they give a truly balanced view, with interviews with pro-UK politicians from the continent, who seem confident of an amicable ending as "we have far more in common, that we have differences". A far cry from dumbed down negative BBC News.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's worth noting Kuenssberg has in the past got in trouble for misrepresenting Corbyn's answers to questions (complaint to BBC upheld) and for publishing a story on how she managed to prearrange a Labour minister (Stephen Doughty) resigning live on air (this article was subsequently taken down).

I have found her incredibly biased and attention seeking ever since she replaced Nick Robinson.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
BBC TV, and BBC website, both heavily influenced by LK (given her role as the lead political editor) and both clearly leaning to the right; you've just got to look at how they "go after" any Labour MP who stumbles in an interview (just look at how they ripped into Abbott and Corbyn during the campaign) vs how they've paid lip-service to reporting Boris Johnson's recent stumbles through an interview. Even the reporting on Theresa May's struggles in interviews has been notably 'muted' compared to how they went after Labour MPs (FWIW I'm not keen on Abbott and Corbyn either, I think she's a liability; I'm only commenting on the relative 'balance' of the reporting).

Kuenssberg's even been caught out in blatant anti-Corbyn, anti-Labour spinning of reporting.

And this is where I most struggle to appreciate her reporting: she's working for an organisation that is obliged to be neutral. I'd have no problem with her reporting (well, I would, but I'd respect it more) if she was working for one of the Tory press papers, but given she's obliged to be neutral on the BBC and the BBC viewers are expecting to get factual, unbiased coverage ... I find the clear Tory bias she has (once you dig under the surface of her reports) to be unacceptable.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Just shows how far right the media is now that the bbc is classed as leftist when it is pretty impartial.

:mad: he's is probably the best political broadcaster on TV IMO

That really is a damning indictment of political broadcasting in our country. The man's an embarrassment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here