Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Flight to Europe impossible. Wow, you must be really thick. No, I mean really thick. Can you fly to Switzerland now, or Egypt, or Dubai? Yes. I'll say no more, but if you really belive your post then you need help, otherwise it's just emotional clap-trap.

In the event of 'no deal', what replaces the various aviation arrangements we have as EU members, such as Open Skies, The ECAA etc? Over 80% of all our air travel, including to The US, is governed by these rules that cover landing rights, operating licences and ownership rules as they stand under the Chicago convention. Nobody in the aviation industry seems to have got an answer from The Government.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In the event of 'no deal', what replaces the various aviation arrangements we have as EU members, such as Open Skies, The ECAA etc? Over 80% of all our air travel, including to The US, is governed by these rules that cover landing rights, operating licences and ownership rules as they stand under the Chicago convention. Nobody in the aviation industry seems to have got an answer from The Government.

When did the 'No Deal' happen? Missed that one.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When did the 'No Deal' happen? Missed that one.

It's a bit like Brexit - it hasn't - but it's being mentioned by May, opinion from Europe is it's increasingly likely, The Foreign Affairs Select Committee concluded it was a 50/50 possibility and we've got less than 2 years to reach one.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If you start to think through the consequences, then you don't need a crystal ball. A "No Deal" Brexit, which is what May is leading us to, means 50% of our exports dry up overnight, most flights to Europe impossible, virtually all our imports caught up at Dover, mass exodus of EU nationals (NHS and other emergency services crippled), Sterling massively devalued....etc. Fortunately for them, the likes of Theresa May, Boris, the proprietors of the Mail, Sun, Express, etc - all of them will be fine. They are very wealthy, and won't give a toss.

Jim, I'm worried for you if you actually believe all this nonsense. Things will get sorted out and business will take over and the politics will find some middle ground.

You'll do yourself a mischief from all the worry and hysteria

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
JC, and I do not mean Jezza! I want this, I want that, it's not fair! You do realise that you have not seen your immediate elders being lost in war, you do realise that your age group sends multiple times more people to Uni than ours ever did, you do realise that we had a 20 year old banger as our first car not a 20 grander on finance, you do realise that our stag night was in the Red Lion at the end of the street not a week in fxxkin Vegas, you do realise that we had a 3 day week, you do realise that our tea was bread and butter sarnies, you do realise that our honeymoon was a weekend in Weston Super Fxxkin Mare?

Getting on the property ladder has never been harder than it is now I readily accept, but for fxxks sake! Not everyone should get FREE Uni education, not everyone will get an amazing job, not all of us can have a Utopian lifestyle. But today's snowflakes seem to think the world owes them something, well, that £5 latte that you think is so essential just might teach you something if you try sniffing it hard enough!

So the baby boomers deserved stuff because the generation before them fought in a war? What an odd view. I thought that the NHS etc was born out of ideas regarding social justice not as recompense for relatives dying in world war 2.

Snowflakes is such an odd insult. There are plenty of labels that could be thrown at the older generation but there's little point.

You just sound like the "in my day" Monty python sketch.

I don't get why we shouldn't be making things easier for the next generation. That's certainly what I do for my kids and help them as much as i can. There's only one life and I want them to enjoy it as much as possible.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jim, I'm worried for you if you actually believe all this nonsense. Things will get sorted out and business will take over and the politics will find some middle ground.

You'll do yourself a mischief from all the worry and hysteria

I know JITW and he's sensible. My PhD student, a lifelong tory voter (in her short life, admittedly) told me today she's voting labour. It seems that although we can't rerun the referendum, people feel we can take revenge. And this is despite everything (the shadow home secretary in particular). May has misjudged the electrorate. Back to Brexit, we are up against the entire rest of them over there. They may take pity on us, but would you, seriously? We have behaved like children, and we will get a smack before bedtime, not a warm drink, a cuddle and a story :shrug::(:nono:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 43% (-)
LAB: 36% (-1)
LDEM: 8% (+2)
UKIP: 5% (-)
GRN: 2%(-)

(via @OpiniumResearch / 04 - 06 Jun)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
[tweet]872203886752219136[/tweet]

Absolutely disgusting suggestions from the Sun.

Sick and hilarious all at once. The Murdoch attack dogs are truly desperate, Unfortuantely they will probably win, at the expense of all the decent people in this country who have a social conscience.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
[tweet]872212742186389506[/tweet]

Gotta love the Daily Mail. Can't expect much better from them, I suppose.

Says the paper that endorsed Hitler.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
[tweet]872203886752219136[/tweet]

Poor old bloke
Must upset his private jezz schedule when the tits are on page one not three

DBrDGtSXoAAWyDb.jpg

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Poor old bloke
Must upset his private jezz schedule when the tits are on page one not three

View attachment 86091

Don't you have anything better to do at 6.07 in the morning than immediately reach for your keyboard and start typing shit? Don't you have like a job or something to be getting ready to go out for? Have some breakfast first. Or a shower. Or a tommy tank. NSC will still be here when you're done.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Don't you have anything better to do at 6.07 in the morning than immediately reach for your keyboard and start typing shit? Don't you have like a job or something to be getting ready to go out for? Have some breakfast first. Or a shower. Or a tommy tank. NSC will still be here when you're done.

Actually i have plenty of better things i would rather be doing, like sleeping for one.
Situation dictates however this wont be happening this morning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here