Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Gervais 'Dead Babies' Joke

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Did you not think to ask if there were any songs that shouldn't be played to avoid a situation such as the one you watched unfold? Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I hope that I am stupid enough to have missed the irony in this?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Frankie Boyle summed up audiences well when at the Dome a few years ago there was a sharp intake of breath by the audience on a joke he said about the McCanns. He stopped and said something like "you lot are the sick ones as I have given offensive comments / jokes about the Pope, date rape etc etc and all you were offended by was parents who left there kids alone". It made you think

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes jokes can be OTT with no controversial content.

chicken_bear.png

Sometimes its difficult to tell who the target is,

deathstar.jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post

Personally, I've always Ioved 'Anne Franks drum kit' as a means to describe something useless. (C) Viz Profnisauras

Anne Franks Drumkit. :lol:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I was referring to his John McCrae joke, Flanders field and all that. Written in 1915 (the poem, not the joke) which if my calculations are correct is some 23 years before the outbreak of WW2.

I made no comment of the hilarity of his humour just the hypocrisy of attending his gig to hear him say offensive things just as long as it's not about a subject they find offensive.

If it doesn't offend them in particular then they'll get offended on behalf of others too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here