Train Derailment - Brighton Station

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Normally thats around 35 degrees air temperature, metal temperature is always much, much hotter than that. I highly doubt thats the cause though, suspect a points failure. One of the reasons trains get stopped when signalling fails is to potentially stop things like this.

Regardless, something has gone wrong. It will also result in a train being taken out of service for repairs as well

Highly unlikely to be a points failure, more likely to be a SPAD. Though the driver will probably claim otherwise! Looks like I'm in for a busy night!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Services on the West and East Coast lines are starting to be restored but with major delays until further notice.

For travelling between London and Brighton, going via Lewes will be your best bet. Mainline suspended.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Highly unlikely to be a points failure, more likely to be a SPAD. Though the driver will probably claim otherwise! Looks like I'm in for a busy night!

Never know, they do happen, as do SPADs. The driver could be in massive trouble if it is !!

Trains have also been screwed most of the day between Eastbourne and Hastings due to issues with new signalling equipment at various locations.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Es wäre nicht in Deutschland passieren

shirley

Actually, last week a train I was on from berlin to Cologne was 3.5 hours late due to "Personal Unfall" - personal accident, which could be euphamism....

We got free water, 50% fare back, and I'm waiting for a "present" from them through the post, to make up for it. A long old day though, on a posh train travelling on branch lines through the former German Democratic Republic.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still there's always delay repay so you can get some vouchers to use on a future service which may or may not run.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Actually, last week a train I was on from berlin to Cologne was 3.5 hours late due to "Personal Unfall" - personal accident, which could be euphamism....

We got free water, 50% fare back, and I'm waiting for a "present" from them through the post, to make up for it. A long old day though, on a posh train travelling on branch lines through the former German Democratic Republic.

Wouldn't happen in Japan where the trains always run on time(?)

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Never know, they do happen, as do SPADs. The driver could be in massive trouble if it is !!

Trains have also been screwed most of the day between Eastbourne and Hastings due to issues with new signalling equipment at various locations.
The points where it happened are catch points, it would have to be something pretty catastrophic for them to fail the wrong way to cause that. If they did then I definitely will be in for a long night incident testing!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Does anyone know if bus replacements are running from Burgess Hill yet ??

Running between Brighton and Three Bridges/Haywards Heath. Major disruption/service suspension will last the rest of the day, maybe even into tomorrow.

Polegate level crossing has also just failed, adding to the total sh*tfest on the railway on the East Coast line.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

So really, it does happen in Germany, but when it does they largely do their best to make up for it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here