Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football "banter" with plastic Prem fans

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There's another solution. The club could reserve some of its available tickets (either non-ST tickets or ones held by the club for its guests) for U-18s. It would even fewer available every game for non-ST adults but would keep a new generation interested

The northwest shelf is for schools & youth groups. My grandson has been with school.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
These "fans" will soon realise the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc have MASSIVE away supports. You can't just get a ticket because you feel like it! It will be borderline impossible as the tickets will all be purchased by the usual away lot.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Some people being a bit precious here. Throughout the last 20 years of under achievement, how many of us had a 2nd favourite premier league club to 'support'

I know I did.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Some people being a bit precious here. Throughout the last 20 years of under achievement, how many of us had a 2nd favourite premier league club to 'support'

I know I did.

I think you're in the wrong place. Most of us on here supported the club through those 20 difficult years, went to the Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean.

Brighton have given me more joy in those "20 years of underachievement" than any successful top flight could have,

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just had a look at away ticket allocations for a couple of other clubs out of interest. At Man United 85% of away tickets go to those in the loyalty pot. For this you basically have to have had a season ticket and a home ticket for every cup game, and to have applied for a ticket to every away game for the last 15 years, in order to be put into a ballot. This is a genuine closed shop - no new members allowed! Maybe us giving priority to those who had a ST at Gillingham isn't such a crazy idea after all (runs for cover).

Chelsea seem to have a points system similar to ours, though you get far more points for away matches.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think you're in the wrong place. Most of us on here supported the club through those 20 difficult years, went to the Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean.

Brighton have given me more joy in those "20 years of underachievement" than any successful top flight could have,

Hadn't really thought about it until you highlighted it, but "20 years of underachievement" is nonsense. We certainly haven't underachieved since Poyet took over (well maybe a little under Hyypia). We didn't underachieve when winning titles under Adams and Taylor. The idea that anything less than the top division isn't good enough is crap.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was out drinking last night with an old mate of man who is a lifelong season ticket holder at Palace. He's moved to Shoreham from Croydon and loves life down here in Sussex. That aside, he's never going to change allegiance and neither are his two children, he really, really hates Brighton as much as I hate Palace.

But I'd go for a drink and chat football with any Palace fan over a plastic Prem fan any day of the week. Brighton and Palace fans both get what it means to support a side that will let you down more often than not.

He's coming to the REMF next week too. Can't wait.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
There were Arsenal fans scattered all over the ground. With enough being blatant about it to piss me and others off. I do not want that again when we play the likes of Man Utd etc. So give me 'plastic' BHA fans over that any day.

Only time I've seen punches thrown in 1901 lounge. Arrogant Arsenal fan threw the first and regretted it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
These "fans" will soon realise the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc have MASSIVE away supports. You can't just get a ticket because you feel like it! It will be borderline impossible as the tickets will all be purchased by the usual away lot.

Going to be funny next year with the plastics complaining when they actually realise they cant get a ticket in the away end for their Prem team whinging that they should get priority because they live in Brighton :)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There were Arsenal fans scattered all over the ground. With enough being blatant about it to piss me and others off. I do not want that again when we play the likes of Man Utd etc. So give me 'plastic' BHA fans over that any day.

That raises an interesting question. What is the correct Premier League etiquette for showing one's displeasure at away supporters in the home sections.

Depending on where in the ground and who they are obviously....

1 Withering stare possibly combined with a roll of the eyes or a *tut* :rolleyes:

2 Tell them to sit down/shut the f up. :censored:

3 Old school nawty (eg Goldstone BHA v Pompey) :catfight:

4 Ignore them and let stewards deal with any serious issues ???

5 Engage them in friendly banter all part of the modern matchday Prem experience :sick:

6 Other :shrug:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I know I did.

Never even crossed my mind. I've no idea what this 'underachievement' is that you're talking about. Bar a couple of close shaves that were really exciting, Albion have hugely over-achieved in the circumstances with promotions and league titles. Only the venue was shit until 2011. So no excuse for jumping ship.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That raises an interesting question. What is the correct Premier League etiquette for showing one's displeasure at away supporters in the home sections.

Depending on where in the ground and who they are obviously....

1 Withering stare possibly combined with a roll of the eyes or a *tut* :rolleyes:

2 Tell them to sit down/shut the f up. :censored:

3 Old school nawty (eg Goldstone BHA v Pompey) :catfight:

4 Ignore them and let stewards deal with any serious issues ???

5 Engage them in friendly banter all part of the modern matchday Prem experience :sick:

6 Other :shrug:

It's not just away supporters....it's 'home' supporters that support us as well.......going to be an interesting dilemma for some of them (at least if the cheering in our concourse when Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal etc score is anything to go by)

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
The one I know didn't say anything due to the fact she is made of plastic. I don't even know what football team she supports?

I'm impressed with how many of you have managed to communicate with these things.

Is her name Barbie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here