Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Borris so clever any points made to stay he says project fear but most of the out arguments are more fear. At least it's the truth we could go into recession very eaiserly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
View attachment 75957

If the winning line is when the official verdict is given then 5ways has this licked for sure.
But more importantly One Direction has racked up an astonishing 159 posts of ......i dont care,im not voting,voting IN or OUT wont make a blind bit of difference to anything.
Its almost charming (in a monster raving loony party sort of way)

Got to love NSC

Has [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] really said exactly the same thing 342 times?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Stands to reason someone has to be the greatest nation in the world.
I think its us as well,even if the remain camp continue to tell us we are crap and will be forever crap if we dont hold the hand of the EU
who do you think then is the greatest nation if not Britain?

We haven't been called GREAT Britain for so long for no reason.The germans tried greater germany but it was an epic fail,mainly due to their choice in helpers-dodgy east europeans,and italians(with apologies to the late Maldini).:D

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just for fun:
brex-01%20v2.png

:bowdown:

That's funny!But I'm afraid Hamsa Khan at our paper shop wouldn't agree-he's had a Brexit poster up for weeks.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see the Brexiters are becoming increasing hysterical and have had two of their finest on here banned in the last few days. :mad:

Us Brexiters are much more tolerant and inclusive than you remainers!We make allowances for the 4 or 5 people on your side who have obvious mental health issues.They are still crayoning all over the site,but we don't run whining to the site moderators.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I just don't understand why people want to remain in an organisation that is clearly failing.
If as I expect we remain then the Deal will be vetoed. Also an EU army will be announced. Along with punishment for daring to want to Leave.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The real Bond would never wear a T shirt straight out of the box

Yet another example of the desperate nonsense Brexiteers are spouting. Everyone knows that if anyone is box-fresh.... its Bond.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just don't understand why people want to remain in an organisation that is clearly failing.

Open your eyes, read a few posts on this site, and you'll quickly understand our reasons. It's not difficult.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
 EU immigrants are more educated, younger, more likely to be in work and less likely to
claim benefits than the UK-born. About 44% have some form of higher education
compared with only 23% of the UK-born. About a third of EU immigrants live in London,
compared with only 11% of the UK-born.

Many people are concerned that immigration reduces the pay and job chances of the UKborn
due to more competition for jobs. But immigrants consume goods and services and
this increased demand helps to create more employment opportunities. Immigrants also
might have skills that complement UK-born workers. So we need empirical evidence to
settle the issue of whether the economic impact of immigration is negative or positive for
the UK-born.

EU immigrants pay more in taxes than they take out in welfare and the use of public
services. They therefore help reduce the budget deficit. Immigrants do not have a negative
effect on local services such as crime, education, health, or social housing

AND

Long-term fiscal impacts of immigration

In 2013 the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) examined how the long-term fiscal sustainability of the UK might change over a 50-year period, depending on the level of migration to the country and expecting the same fertility rate for migrants and the UK born population.

Unlike the studies discussed above, the long-term estimates look at the fiscal impacts of at anticipated future migration flows, rather than migrants who are already in the country; they also implicitly account for the impacts of migrants' children once they enter the workforce. The OBR found that:

Higher net migration would reduce pressure on government debt over a 50-year period. Based on OBR projections, the high net-migration variant.
This result was driven by the fact that incoming migrants are more likely to be of working age than the population in general. The OBR noted that over an even longer time horizon than 50 years, these migrants would also retire and add to age-related spending pressures.
It concluded that "higher migration could be seen as delaying some of the fiscal challenges of an ageing population rather than a way of resolving them permanently".

http://cep.lse.ac.uk/pubs/download/brexit05.pdf

https://fullfact.org/immigration/how-immigrants-affect-public-finances/

Osborne's whole strategy revolves around a growing economy to pay down the deficit. His positive economic forecasts for 2030 inside the EU depend on the number of EU migrants actually growing not shrinking.

Ahhh quoting CEP again I see ..... who are partly funded by the EU and by the British government !!!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Us Brexiters are much more tolerant and inclusive than you remainers.

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh dear, that's cheered me up no end.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ahhh quoting CEP again I see ..... who are partly funded by the EU and by the British government !!!!!!

Desperate. We have had this discussion about funding, research, peer review and journal publication a few times now. Are you seriously suggesting anything which has a whiff of tax payers support (which is a hell of a lot of stuff) is immediately and summarily discredited?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Referendum question

Out of interest, if you are in the BREXIT camp, did you vote for your MEP? Just interested to know why people are so vociferous about leave, and it's likely to be a massive turn out at the polls, when MEP elections have such a low turnout. If Europe didn't matter then, why is it so important now?

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
They aren't. Have you seen where Turkey is located, they are a strategic ally. Unleqss you want to war with everyone?

So Cameron's speech in Turkey promising to back their membership was a lie ?

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Desperate. We have had this discussion about funding, research, peer review and journal publication a few times now. Are you seriously suggesting anything which has a whiff of tax payers support (which is a hell of a lot of stuff) is immediately and summarily discredited?

'Don't bite the hand that feeds you' ..... ever heard of that saying ? No idea what it is in German.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Jim in the West

Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The point is who you are able to hold accountable for immigration policy and therefore whatever numbers come or go. I think you know that.

You're right! I do know that, but the tone of the campaign has often been one of vitriol against the "flood" of immigrants arriving in the UK. I think the average punter has been assured that the quantum of immigration will fall substantially post Brexit. At least Boris was honest enough to admit that this may not be the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here