Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City - Premier League Champions

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I backed the Leicester/Tottenham forecast, fairly obvious if you know what you're doing really
I'm assuming this is fully documented on here before the event?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Absolutely incredible, marvellous scenes Leicester...right I'm bored of Leicester now, it's been saturation coverage in the media for months and months already, we don't need another three months of it. NEXT!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think you'll find [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] is taking the piss out of after-timers.
Doesn't work so well when you after-time yourself then, does it?

Edit - obviously this was a piss take but the whole "I know more about betting than anyone" schtick is very tiring.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Doesn't work so well when you after-time yourself then, does it?

Edit - obviously this was a piss take but the whole "I know more about betting than anyone" schtick is very tiring.

It's not about knowing more about betting than anyone though, is it? It's the fact that no-one likes an after timer!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's not about knowing more about betting than anyone though, is it? It's the fact that no-one likes an after timer!
No-one? You mean no-one amongst the community that talk about "doing their bollocks" all the time, I presume? Because I couldn't give a toss.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No-one? You mean no-one amongst the community that talk about "doing their bollocks" all the time, I presume? Because I couldn't give a toss.
Well done you. Have a biscuit.

Next time I won't say "no-one likes an after timer", Instead I'll say "quite a lot of people, especially people in the 'betting community' (whatever that means) dislike an after timer".

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Exactly Simster, it's just people who say "look at me, I'm right" (but you don't hear a peep from when they are wrong).
If you've had a winner just enjoy it - no need to wave your cock around.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've not heard ONE argument yet for ANYTHING in the HISTORY OF SPORT that is more amazing than this story.

People only ever put forward tournament victorys or one-off boxing matches. This is a WHOLE SEASON.

Just amazing. Leicester doing this, West Ham performing magnificently and moving into the Olympic Stadium, the revival of Spurs. Suddenly the prem has been blown wide open. You will genuinely have 9 or 10 teams who will start the season thinking top 4 is their realistic aim .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Most people who enjoy gambling actually get a bigger thrill from a loss (a near miss actually) than a win. Therefore people like hearing about the one that got away rather than some look-at-me c*nt sounding all smug.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I've not heard ONE argument yet for ANYTHING in the HISTORY OF SPORT that is more amazing than this story.

People only ever put forward tournament victorys or one-off boxing matches. This is a WHOLE SEASON.

Just amazing. Leicester doing this, West Ham performing magnificently and moving into the Olympic Stadium, the revival of Spurs. Suddenly the prem has been blown wide open. You will genuinely have 9 or 10 teams who will start the season thinking top 4 is their realistic aim .

And we wonder why our teams struggle in Europe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jamie Carragher " The greatest achievement in the history of football". I thing Brian Clough might disagree. Taking Forest from 3rd division to European Cup winners was a much bigger achievement. There was football before Sky ya know!

He didn't. Forest were never in the 3rd. division in Clough's time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you add in their form at the end of last season, you'll be hard pushed to find a team in Premier League history with a better string of results I suggest. They never blinked all season and I wish we could have emulated them and won this division in style. I am quite jealous, if truth be told.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He didn't. Forest were never in the 3rd. division in Clough's time.

Although they became the first previous winner of Europe's premier trophy to drop down into the 3rd tier.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Outside Clough's time, though. Possibly more impressive was Aston Villa's rise from division 3 to European Cup winners.

Thing about footy is its a funny old game. Which is why I get so fed up with 'its boring - X win every year cos they're rich'. We had this in the 70s with Liverpool, then with ManU, then City, then Chelsea, blah blah. It IS a funny old game, which is why we bother with it . . . . :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here