Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City - Premier League Champions

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On the fans' vox pops, will we be seeing any appearances from Phoebe and the topless bloke with the drum???

A great result for football. Fair play to Leicester, no one wins any league for any other reason than they were the best team over the course of a season. Brilliant stuff!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
William Hill's press release:

Leicester The Facts:

William Hill are paying out over £3m

William Hill have made a £2.2m loss on EPL – Ten times their previous worst result

William Hill took just 25 bets at 5000/1 – Thirteen were in the shops and twelve online

The largest bet at 5000/1 was £20 from a retail customer in Manchester

One Hill's client staked £75 on Leicester when they were 1500/1 and collects £112,500.

The smallest bet at 5000/1 was 5p (returns £250) and was placed by a female customer in Edinburgh

William Hill estimate that the bookmaking industry has lost over £15m with over £10m worth of losses

William Hill’s biggest individual winner is a customer from Guildford in Surrey who placed £75 at 1500/1 –£112,500

The biggest odds that have ever been paid out on before by William Hill is 2500/1 to Peter Edwards who backed his 18 month old grandchild to play for the Wales in 1999. His grandson, Harry Wilson, made his international debut in 2013.

Leicester are 25/1 to win the Premier League in 2016/17 and 100/1 to win the Champions League.

One Leicester fan, Leigh Herbert has been taunting William Hill on twitter all season. He placed £5 at 5000/1 in Early August – he has since cashed out £2 (£5,680 return) and his remaining three pounds will win a further £15,000.

I wonder if they have really lost, I am sure they would pay out more if say Chelsea or City lost.

Also 25/1 for next year if I was a bookie and people were happy with those odds I would be happy to lay that all day long, cannot see a repeat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The biggest odds that have ever been paid out on before by William Hill is 2500/1 to Peter Edwards who backed his 18 month old grandchild to play for the Wales in 1999. His grandson, Harry Wilson, made his international debut in 2013..

Well that's a ****ing lie for starters! I first flopped out my tackle in 1969. And I'm deffo not Welsh :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can someone just shoot Jamie Carragher now and put him out of his misery. Do you think he even knows how to spell hyperbole?

From earlier..." people will remember this in 20 years...30, 50 ....100 years! " :lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I wonder how many AFTER timers will be out this week claiming to have backed Leicester at 5000/1 to win the league ?

Go take them [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION]

I backed the Leicester/Tottenham forecast, fairly obvious if you know what you're doing really

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Heard Robbie Savage say on MOTD2 that Man U have spent more money on players in the past 2 season alone that Leicester have in their entire past 132 year history.

You would have got better odds on seeing Elvis alive that Leicester winning the Premiership at the start of the season. Can only be good for Football and shows that throwing millions at it wont neccessarily work. Good lessons for us when we get promoted next week :albion2:

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
If Leicester can win the Premier League, we can beat Boro on Saturday. Keep the faith, we have a special team.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
really happy for john terry too!

full kit wanker.jpg

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Our draw aside, it's a good day for football...the big 6 stuffed by complete outsiders, one of them who was scoring for us against them only a couple years ago alongside some bloke who was semi amateur 2 years previous to that. One big middle finger to the EPL franchise, wonderful.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I wonder how many AFTER timers will be out this week claiming to have backed Leicester at 5000/1 to win the league ?

Go take them [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION]

I actually know someone who had £25 on them at 3000/1. Does it every year.
I used to do it with us, but I'm cursed, this is the first season for a while I haven't.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Jamie Carragher " The greatest achievement in the history of football". I thing Brian Clough might disagree. Taking Forest from 3rd division to European Cup winners was a much bigger achievement. There was football before Sky ya know!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Jamie Carragher " The greatest achievement in the history of football". I thing Brian Clough might disagree. Taking Forest from 3rd division to European Cup winners was a much bigger achievement. There was football before Sky ya know!

Sky don't recognise the records before 1992. What Forest did was greater....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wonder if they have really lost, I am sure they would pay out more if say Chelsea or City lost.

Also 25/1 for next year if I was a bookie and people were happy with those odds I would be happy to lay that all day long, cannot see a repeat

I don't believe WH have actually lost money on this year's Premier League for one second. Just because a few people have won a bit on Leicester? Do me a favour.

They must think their punters are all mugs.........Oh.

boik

Sky don't recognise the records before 1992. What Forest did was greater....

I love what Leicester have done, but am hacked of by the belittling of Clough and Taylors achievement. They took a bunch of has-beens and unknowns, got promoted, won the league at the FIRST attempt and THEN wone the European cup for the following TWO seasons. Leicester have done well, but have a huge way to go to get near that.

I love what Leicester have done, but am hacked of by the belittling of Clough and Taylors achievement. They took a bunch of has-beens and unknowns, got promoted, won the league at the FIRST attempt and THEN wone the European cup for the following TWO seasons. Leicester have done well, but have a huge way to go to get near that.

Very true but that was before 1992 was it not?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
What both Forest and Leicester did was amazing.

When Forest were winning leagues,teams consisted of mainly British players.There were no high paid foreigners or very very few so they played on a more level playing field.As for the European Cup,when you consider Malmo were one of their final opponents then you could say that wasn't as hard to win as it is now.
It has also happened many times where a team get promoted 2 years in a row.

As for Leicester,you had the combination of a small team playing out of their skin plus very unusually all the top teams failed miserably.When did that last happen.I expect Chelsea and City with new managers to be top 2 all season and depending on whether or not Man U get a new manager they will be up there also.Leicester won't win the league.Personally I would see them as top 10 and maybe get a Europa spot.

Also we are comparing a few seasons with Forest with just one season for Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here