Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco Hudl 2

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My eldest has one. The first one died after a couple of months, tesco replaced it with no quibbles. He's had it about a year now. It really is superb for the price and still flies, unlike my 2012 nexus 7!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Bought one last Christmas and experiencing a few niggles now with it, screen switching off mainly but fixes itself, but to be fair to it it is used a hell of a lot.

On the whole, Yes, it's a good bit of a kit for the money.

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Too late. They've stopped selling them. :-(

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Featured on BBC Watchdog, problems with screens cracking while on charge?

I don't know why, as I like my Hudl (v1) and they always seem to get good reviews for quality and value. Great shame. And they have no plans to replace the Hudl2 apparently.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
All electronic items have a certain percentage that fail. I suppose tesco found it was too many and too big a hassle.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got one for the missus at Christmas and it worked fine - until some time last month when it wouldn't charge any more. Sent it for repair, got it back a couple of weeks later and it worked for a while before the same thing happened. Then it seemed to "fix itself" and has been fine ever since.

Great when it works, it keeps her quiet and off my laptop. But seems a bit flaky (the Hudl, not the missus).

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Excellent piece of kit, gorgeous screen, bargain.
Just updated to Android 5 .1 too.
If they are still selling them, get one.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Some of my son's friends have them. They seem good for the money but you have to remember you're not buying a Tab S or iPad Air 2 so they're going to seem shit in comparison.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Some of my son's friends have them. They seem good for the money but you have to remember you're not buying a Tab S or iPad Air 2 so they're going to seem shit in comparison.
The difference isn't THAT huge.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm not saying that my iPad isn't better than my Wife's Hudl 2, because it is, but I was very surprised at how good the Hudl2 was.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I hate how technology is refered to as 'KIT'. It really grates on me.

Anyway, for a 7 year old it would be a lovely little gift.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My other halls cousin bought one for his kid last Crimbo. Screen cracked of its own accord and they had a hell of a job getting it replaced. Personally I suspected he had dropped it and not fessed up but now I hear the spontaneous cracks are not uncommon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here