Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Gross Were to Sign for Liverpool . . .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not one player has left the Amex the Manager didn't want to lose except perhaps Jamie Murphy and that was only because he couldn't force his way into the team and he really wanted first team football.

And Goldson?

At some point, our players’ (Groß & Dunk for example) values could get so high it would be foolish not to sell. £60m for the aforementioned players would be tough to turn down.

Like Burnley we should be taking the big bucks when they are on offer and reinvesting in more players like Groß whilst paying our wonderful chairmen back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40447200

Of course, flogging too many of the clubs assets and we’ll end up like Southampton - it’s a fine balance.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And Goldson?

At some point, our players’ (Groß & Dunk for example) values could get so high it would be foolish not to sell. £60m for the aforementioned players would be tough to turn down.

Like Burnley we should be taking the big bucks when they are on offer and reinvesting in more players like Groß whilst paying our wonderful chairmen back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40447200

Of course, flogging too many of the clubs assets and we’ll end up like Southampton - it’s a fine balance.

I am not sure about Goldson. We know our central pairing and when we knew we were signing Balogun, then Goldson would have been further down the pecking order.

I don't agree we should follow the Burnley Model...................... They are reaping the rewards of constantly relying on fishing in a river that doesn't have enough fish (The Championship). Their failure to invest while on Top is partly why they are where they are now in the league

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Gross were to leave. We don't have a ready made replacement at all, we would have to buy someone. That's why he won't get sold. We don't need to sell anyone. Not one player has left the Amex the Manager didn't want to lose except perhaps Jamie Murphy and that was only because he couldn't force his way into the team and he really wanted first team football.
I get the feeling you've only included Jamie there because he's your boy :glare:

And Goldson?

yeah and look whats happenned to Burnley too this season..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure about Goldson. We know our central pairing and when we knew we were signing Balogun, then Goldson would have been further down the pecking order.

The question should then be why did we buy or even attempt to buy Balogun, perhaps the answer is CH didnt rate Goldson as high as many on here did. and also his future expected performances.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
LOL LOL

Your partly right but you have to remember because he was my little favourite, I specifically asked why
I don't imagine you were surprised by the response though. It's not like he didn't like it here, but we needed to improve.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't imagine you were surprised by the response though. It's not like he didn't like it here, but we needed to improve.

Your right, wasn't surprised in the slightest............He would be even further down the pecking order now, so his days were numbered even to make the match day squad. So right move for club and player

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The question should then be why did we buy or even attempt to buy Balogun, perhaps the answer is CH didnt rate Goldson as high as many on here did. and also his future expected performances.

You can rate a player highly but nothing wrong with aiming even higher, which is what the club are doing. He would also cost a lot to insure I would have thought, but don't know for sure

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jonas Hofmann

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I'm eager to get Andone in the team though, l definately think he offers us something we don't presently have. The problem we presently have though, is where to play him. He will never dislodge Glenn, he is a totally different knid of foward anyway, and l don't really see where he could currently fit in, unless of course we totally change our formation.

As good as Glenn is we have to face the fact that agewise he has a limited future

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Very strange to be responding to that now!

The "approach" (be it real or speculation) is old news... why in March is this being dragged up? Is his agent stirring things up because a summer move is on the cards? Have the club resurrected the story to generate some interest in him again given he doesn't fit as well this season as last? Or has Pascal only just heard about the "appeoach" from December and just really slow replying!

All seems slightly odd that this would be news now unless someone wants it to be news!

Or a realllllly slow news day over at Football365?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here