Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derby County U23 v Brighton And Hove Albion U23 PL2 Tonight Loughborough University 19.00

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
U23s playjng in the same style and game plan away from home as the first team with blanket defending and relying on the counter

What do you expect? If any of the U23s are going to break into the 1st team they will have to be able to play the 1st team way. Rust would be kicked out he he tried a different style

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Very impressed with Rams tv, much better quality than seagulls player.

For sure, nice service and for free! Put in a load of nonsense when signing up so won't get pestered by emails.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you expect? If any of the U23s are going to break into the 1st team they will have to be able to play the 1st team way. Rust would be kicked out he he tried a different style

I fully accept that and it is good to see but none of the U23s look to be anywhere near ready to challenge for the first team in a league game. Perhaps time and more games will tell for them.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
the U23's reminding me far too much of the 1st team sadly ... happy to sit out a goaless draw with an odd attacking moment. I know good teams are built on a solid defence but you dont win anything unless you try a bit more to actually score.

I understand the mentality of the 4-5-1 dont concede at any cost for the first team away at places like Liverpool & Man City but is it really needed in PL2 away to Derby :shrug:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
the U23's reminding me far too much of the 1st team sadly ... happy to sit out a goaless draw with an odd attacking moment. I know good teams are built on a solid defence but you dont win anything unless you try a bit more to actually score.

I understand the mentality of the 4-5-1 dont concede at any cost for the first team away at places like Liverpool & Man City but is it really needed in PL2 away to Derby :shrug:

Disagree. It makes absolute sense for the U23’s to play the same way (or very similar) to the senior team. That way, a player coming back to fitness (Andone, Izquierdo etc) can get fit but also have a half in his correct position for the senior side. Equally, the step up to the first team would be less daunting if you just slot into the position you’ve been playing for the U23’s.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Disagree. It makes absolute sense for the U23’s to play the same way (or very similar) to the senior team. That way, a player coming back to fitness (Andone, Izquierdo etc) can get fit but also have a half in his correct position for the senior side. Equally, the step up to the first team would be less daunting if you just slot into the position you’ve been playing for the U23’s.

Dont get me wrong I totally agree with having a set formation and tactics used by all the teams for continuity but thats not been the case in other U23 games from what I have seen with more of the 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3 used with a bit more 'have a go' style ...

maybe its just me remembering the good bits and forgetting the bad bits

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

We scored 5 against Man City.....maybe Derby are a very good team.?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here