Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Jofra Archer

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yep - There's got to be a risk that he will have a change of mind and choose the Windies given that he'll be 27 by the time he qualifies.

Selfishly I would hope he chooses England but the West Indies seem to have a few younger players coming through and it would be great if they could become more of a force again.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
England have to find a way of fast-tracking him. There must be a little known grandmother we can find!

I'm pretty certain that he has a British passport and that the ruling of when he 'can qualify' is an ECB driven. Essentially meaning that the ECB can decide when he qualifies by changing their own ruling on what is an acceptable qualifying period.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This guy is the REAL deal.
I genuinely believe his talent surpasses even that of Lou Vincent and Danny Law.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As much as i want to see him in an England shirt, for the good of the game he should play for the Windies. They could really do with a player as talented as he is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stunning catch, the guy is box office.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
England have to find a way of fast-tracking him. There must be a little known grandmother we can find!

He is a friend of a friend, Im not really a cricket fan (so i dont pay much attention when he is talking cricket) but I think they said his Dad is English... or maybe it was his mother :shrug: i wish him the best though, he is a hard worker.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He is a friend of a friend, Im not really a cricket fan (so i dont pay much attention when he is talking cricket) but I think they said his Dad is English... or maybe it was his mother :shrug: i wish him the best though, he is a hard worker.

Once he's England qualified they can mess him and Sussex around like they have done with Jordan in the past. Joy.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Superb bowl & catch by a tremendous talent.
My youngest did the same last season playing for his club, & it got pretty much the same reaction from everyone there!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
He bowls at 150+ clicks so he's in that very small club of seriously quick bowlers

I saw it live [on TV] and it was, just WOW !

Bowling at 4-overs per match will help keep him injury free - for a while ...

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I'm pretty certain that he has a British passport and that the ruling of when he 'can qualify' is an ECB driven. Essentially meaning that the ECB can decide when he qualifies by changing their own ruling on what is an acceptable qualifying period.

That's correct, he could play for England tomorrow if the ECB allowed it but he's restricted for another couple of years under their (entirely sensible) regulations

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Our young hopefull has been picked up in the 1st round by The Royals for a substantial amount of wonga, the boy is certainly going places .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£800k they’ve got a bargain. He’ll be one of the greats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here