Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Torn between two players this round, I hope the other is still available when it comes back round.

This fella fits my remit as a crowd pleasing cult zero, always gives 100%, he will be my Calde., also fills a couple of categories I have not yet locked in.

Former La Liga winner and double red card recipient....

He's got the skills....
He's got the hair....
He is Ivan Campo

23a0e19c478a87995153aedaa6a40d6d.jpg

[MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] it's back to you

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
There is someone I really wanted to shoehorn in but there is no way now :(

Any chance of a 17th player with the 17th category being scorer of a fantastic goal against Man Utd?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION] we're back to you as Horsham Gull has timed out

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm going to nab a substitute striker that has over 200 appearances in the Premier League, played for SIX teams within the PL and has 106 PL goals to his name.

Oh, and a very brief stint at the Amex to boot.

DARREN BENT.

[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] is next

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
So, I've been waiting what feels like forever for this pick! Mainly because I was convinced that this guy would go!!!

Admittedly his time in the PL was during his later years, but there's no denying the fact that this man is a colossus of the English game, an icon of his generation. Is he in the team on merit or because of his name? Hard to tell if I'm honest. His spells with both !iddlesborough and Everton were full of creative ability, and on his day he was still superior to many.

Let's get on with this.... Gentlemen...... Please welcome Paul Gascoigne to this years draft.....

image.jpg
[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION]. You're up

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So, I've been waiting what feels like forever for this pick! Mainly because I was convinced that this guy would go!!!

Admittedly his time in the PL was during his later years, but there's no denying the fact that this man is a colossus of the English game, an icon of his generation. Is he in the team on merit or because of his name? Hard to tell if I'm honest. His spells with both !iddlesborough and Everton were full of creative ability, and on his day he was still superior to many.

Let's get on with this.... Gentlemen...... Please welcome Paul Gascoigne to this years draft.....

View attachment 63614
[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION]. You're up

I'm so glad someone has seen fit to select him. He's by far the greatest English player of my lifetime. Admittedly a bit faded and jaded by the time he got to the premier league but he deserves to be here in recognition of his genius. My all time favourite player. I love him...and I love you for selecting him!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As I said earlier, I think this is a great pick. I haven't got the time to add all the detail but I'm delighted to introduce Newcastle United legend, Rob Lee.
[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] over to you

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I had looked at him but his best years were all before the Premier League was formed and this is about being judged on their Premier League career only. He spent the first 6 years of the premier Leagues existance playing in Italy.

He had a single ok season for Middlesbrough in the Premier League, but for me, there seemed to be far better options out there, even if they arn't so well known, hence why i didn't pick him myself.

However you may get lucky with him because he is a famous name and he may win you a few more votes based only on his name.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
As I said earlier, I think this is a great pick. I haven't got the time to add all the detail but I'm delighted to introduce Newcastle United legend, Rob Lee.

FFS!! Back to the fecking drawing board AGAIN!! Your lucky I had a Calde call otherwise I would have been really mad!!!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It is a great pick and, together with [MENTION=1135]Cullip4[/MENTION] picking Ivan Campo, has pissed me right off!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Bit busy at the moment so apologies for slowing things up, gentlemen.

Can't be many players still available with
  • 100 PL goals on their CV (give or take)
  • Goal of the Season: 2007-08
  • PFA Team of the Year: 2007-08
  • African Player of the Year 2008
  • Multiple hat-tricks
  • Multiple red cards

Adding to my team's already stratospheric pillock quotient, I give you ...

Ade.jpg

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Next comes a player who is currently close to home, he is number 14 on the all time premier league matches player list having played for Newcastle, Villa and Fulham. He was part of the QPR squad who won promotion last season before become Hyypia's first signing for us in July 2014 when he was unfurled at the fans barbecue on the Spain tour.

Has made a massive 455 premier league appearances for Newcastle, Villa and Fulham as well as 94 appearances for his country.

He is second only to Ryan Giggs for playing the greatest number of premier league matches without getting sent off.

Its Aaron Hughes

JS4077216

back to [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]

My next signing is a bit of a contradiction - on one hand he's scored more OGs than anyone else in Premier League history and has been sent off the joint-most amount of times, but on the other he was Man City's Player of the Year 4 times before being shoved out when the money came, and has represented his country 80 times.

Its RICHARD DUNNE.

Back to [MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION].

Top quality picks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here